Device state is stuck as ON, even though it isn't physically

I have a GE/Jasco outdoor plug that I use for Christmas lights. It was working an then about a week ago it stopped updating it's state. I noticed because it said it was on when I looked at it during the day but the lights weren't on. I've tried refreshing state, repairing z-wave network, etc. but it still says current state: on. Now if I'm in the device configuration and I select on/off then it functions and does turn the outlet on/off.

The device driver is Generic Z-Wave Outlet and device data is as follows:
deviceId: 12592
deviceType: 25443
manufacturer: 99
inClusters: 0x25,0x27,0x75,0x73,0x86,0x72,0x77

Any help would be much appreciated.

I have that one too and it's been working well for me. How far away is it from the Hub?

Do you have a C-7 hub? Are there any other devices that might be causing issues?

Take a look at your Z-Wave Details page and see what other devices the device routes through.

Here's mine:

And it routes through the guest bathroom fan switch, a GE Enbrighten which is nearby (but inside!):

Notice the throughput speeds - 40 kbits and 100 kbits.. this is indicative of a good route back to the hub. If you are seeing 9.6kbits it could mean that the mesh is having some issues either weaker signal to the outlet or some device flakiness somewhere in the route.

I have a C-5 (Platform Version 2.2.4.158) and unfortunately it doesn't look like I have that information in my Z-Wave Details page. Disappointing that I will have to buy a C-7 and go through device migration to display device routing... ugh.

So I just checked and on/off from the device page has the device responding instantly, no delay. But status is still stuck at on.

So before I had the outlet on the C-7 it was running on a C-4.. No issues to report.

At this point I would probably exclude the device and reinclude. Maybe reset it as well.

http://manuals-backend.z-wave.info/make.php?lang=en&sku=14284/ZW4201&cert=ZC10-17085721

1 Like

Did you ever find a good resolution to this issue?

I have a GE Enbrighten dimmer that works fine (goes on and off visually), and responds to Rules and such, yet constantly reports itself as "Off" on its Status page, even if I click the "On" paddle (which, as I said, does turn on the actual lamp plugged into it).

Not sure how to tackle that myself...

EDIT: Found a "solution" of sorts, namely changing the Device Driver from "GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Smart Dimmer" to "Generic Z-Wave Smart Dimmer" (which sadly eliminated the "Fade" parameter). Now, "On" and "Off" getting reported accurately.

UPDATE: Even better solution was to switch to the user-provided device driver by @JasonJoel called [RELEASE] GE 4xxxx / ZW4008 Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Switch Driver (NOTE: He has written several such drivers, so pick the one that best suits your plug-in or in-wall GE components.)