Hi there. I've spent a fair amount of time reading here and believe i am going in the right direction. I received a quote based on the attached low voltage plans for 170K - insane. Ultimately, I don't want to be tethered into Control4 or similar system where I need to go back to the dealer for everything.
I need to fundamentally achieve two things. 1 - enough physical control where my wife doesn't divorce me. 2 - achieve enough automation to make this endeavor worthwhile.
With the above in mind, i have not found a lighting solution that has the keypads and predictability as is found with Lutron Radio RA2. The shade connectivity is an added bonus.
Here's the gameplan:
- Originate a centrally placed AV closet with UPS connected rack, Netgear switches, Sophos firewall and Sophos access points throughout the house to ensure coverage
- Run CAT6 into every possible TV location, presently operable or potential future installation (kid's bedrooms). Connect POE into Smart TVs.
- Connect CAT6 to Nest IQ Outdoor cams via USBC -> POE adapters
- Hardwire Nest Protects throughout the house
- Architect recommended ConTech LED recessed lights (?) - not sure what this implies for lighting loads?
- Install hardwired Ring Elite doorbells - need to pair with a smart lock.
- Integrate garage door monitoring
- Speakers will become floor or local (soundbars, HomePods, etc. vs. installing into ceilings and requiring receivers, speaker wire, etc.)
- HDMI and cable boxes will be extinct with DirectTV now + Netflix via Smart TVs.
- Will Hubitat speak to the Nest products? Ring products?
- Does HE allow for integration of both doorbell and lock simultaneously?
- Any other advice for lighting/shade solution? As far as I understand, the keypad functionality is really limited to Lutron systems. I.e. at the foot of the basement, i need to be able to turn off all of the lights downstairs PHYSICALLY. I believe Hubitat would be able to do this for me virtually if i had sensors that didn't detect motion.
Thank you in advance. I know the scope of this may be beyond more than just HE and more related to general and well thought out home design.