[Deprecated] CATT Director (App and Driver)

Seems to be a Google imposed limit, no way I see to have anything on screen indefinitely.

Bummer - I guess I could set up a virtual button to recast the screen via voice or just a physical button to do the same.

UPDATE: Now this is weird - initial testing of the driver timed out after 10 minutes ( a couple of times). My latest test cast has been going on for 30 minutes now and I have no idea why!

Just to be sure it wasn't a glitch, ran again and it's still up more than 10 mins later.

2 Likes

UPDATE 2: And now it timeouts again. I still have no idea what I did the last time to get it to stick unfortunately. :confused:

Oh well, keep experimenting I suppose.

Update 3: I think I've got it figured out. Casting from the driver times out after 10 minutes. At this point swipe down on the hub and go to "view rooms" . Select the hub and the cast should restore without timing out (at least until you cast something else to the hub and have to start again).

1 Like

In the google device access api documentation I see there is a way to get a stream extension token. Maybe something like this would work but I have no idea how to implement it.

https://developers.google.com/nest/device-access/traits/device/camera-live-stream#generatertspstream-response-fields

GenerateRtspStream response fields

Field Description Data Type
streamUrls Map of RTSP live stream URLs. object
streamExtensionToken Token to use to extend the streamToken for an RTSP live stream. string
Example: "CjY5Y3VKaTZwR3o4Y19YbTVfMF..."
streamToken Token to use to access an RTSP live stream. string
Example: "g.0.streamingToken"
expiresAt Time at which both streamExtensionToken and streamToken expire, in RFC 3339 format. string
Example: "2018-01-04T18:30:00.000Z"

That would be something for the new Nest API app

I didn't know we could stream RTSP before?

Well the image tile doesn't support it but we may be close to being able to pull nest Cams stream and reencode with the new API.

I wonder if some variant of Bryan's tilemaster app might allow us to show the stream that via iframes?

Follow up - what I proposed last time (update 3) doesn't work and yet on occasion I've been able get the cast to 'stick' and after doing something else on the hub recasting the dashboard will/can cause the timeouts to re-occur.

I can't seem to get speech output via the CATT driver button labelled "speak". Logs show this error

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_BPTWorld_Send_to_Hub_with_CATT_Driver_912.speak() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [test]
Possible solutions: clear(), play(), split(groovy.lang.Closure), sleep(long), save(), stop() (speak)

Added to the list to look into. I don't have it installed right now.

1 Like

Wondering if you've had a chance to look at this?

I have not, sorry

No problem!

Had a closer look at the CATT command set. Speech does not appear to be an option in CATT but it appears in the command section of your driver because of the inclusion of 'speech synthesis' in the driver.

Thanks for making this happen. I just picked up a Google Nest Hub for 50$ at walmart. I am guessing there is no way to make casting a dashboard and music play at the same time?

I am hoping to run my dashboard 24/7

Tried searching through all the documentation but still not able to get it running on a windows server. Have CATT installed and everything running. I can ping the telnet port 23 on the server from another computer. I can even use powershell to cast to the hub directly from the server. But using hubitat the CATT server device hangs on telnet:opening and nothing else happens. Quadruple checked all settings.

Seems like this thread is mostly dead, so if anyone else is having similar issues I got it working on a Windows server using eventghost by having it execute the CATT command on the server directly using [PORT] - Send Events to EventGhost

CATT director still works for me (CATT server on a raspberry pi) but I also cast via Node red (essentially this is same approach to what you are doing). If the app breaks at some point (I assume it shouldn't as it is just SSHing into the CATT server and executing the CATT commands) I'll move what's left into NR.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.