[Deprecated] Xiaomi / Aqara / Opple Drivers with Presence!

Would love to try that with the vibration sensor. Looking forward to testing when you've got the time to complete the driver. :+1:

2 Likes

Hi @markus
First thing thanks for continuing to evolve these apps. Brilliant.

I have a quick question for you.
I just spotted this in my logs which I assume is because of the latest update.
(EDIT: BTW the door was not opened).

I use bptworlds inactivity app.
If the device has dropped off the zigbee network it appears in the inactivity tile after a set time. Will this latest update the 'lastCheckin' field regardless if the device is connected or not?
If so it will invalidate bptworlds app for these devices.

The feature you have introduced is a great development and I should prove really effective but I'm just wondering if this may have introduced a conflict the the device watchdog app.
Thanks again for continuing to develop these drivers. :+1:

I know, so would I :slight_smile:

Yes, some extra info log messages exist with this version.

That was already not working in earlier versions due to how this driver works. The only truly reliable way to check is to check against the presence attribute.

2 Likes

OK. Thanks for the quick response. I think the device watchdog app was working OK with these devices but I'll change to use the presence function of the driver.
Thanks again.

Every 3 hours not present events would update last activity. So that would make it not work.

1 Like

OK thanks.
I've just updated the device watchdog app to look for presence. I'll see how it goes.
Thanks again.

2 Likes

Hey Markus...I really appreciate you working on the Xiaomi drivers...Very Cool!
I have a bunch of them around the house and was wondering if you could mod the code for the open/close sensors.
Could we get the 'lastOpened' and 'lastClosed' attributes added in standard date/time...not epoch?
The original driver from veeceeoh did have the attributes, but in epoch format.
Let me know what ya think.
Thanks!!

Anyone have experience using the new driver for leak sensors?

Just curious if maybe it might help some of my sensors that frequently drop off the network.

What do you want to use this for? An App would get the latest event of that type and be able to read the date and time from that. What you are asking for would create a lot database more entries. It could be added as an optionally active feature, but not sure how many would actually use it? I can't even see a good use for it, so please explain :slight_smile:

Which model is this? The Aqara contact sensor? Next update will filter these out, I have never seen them sent, and on purpose I don't filter events I don't know about. Thank you for reporting, there is nothing of importance in that message so nothing to worry about.

So that the next time my wife asks me when I took the dog out last, I can just glance at my dashboard to see when that door was opened last, and tell her exactly when so as to GET HER OFF MY BACK about it. That about sums it up! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Hahahahaha

1 Like

You might want to look to your mesh for the cause. Of all the Xiaomi devices that do drop, the leak sensors never drop and I’m still using the older driver from @veeceeoh

In the next release you will be able to activate it as an optional setting, it will be off by default.

Edit: It's in the Development version of the driver. In HPM it would be the Beta branch.

Awesome...Thank You Muchly for supporting my requirement to keep the dear Wifey adequately informed of our pooch's potty habits!

Are you going to add support for Aqara Smart Plug?

Yes

Can you tell when?

When I have time, don't have a lot of that for writing drivers lately. Think there is another driver written by someone else for that one, but not sure.

1 Like

There is this driver that @markus was referring to:

4 Likes