[DEPRECATED] Tasmota 7.x/8.x firmware for Hubitat + Tuya, Sonoff and other drivers

You just have to load Tasmota minimal, then just load @markus firmware here. Is that what your doing? What error you getting etc?

that did not work. i just get a failure message. ended up that you need to do a Setoption81 1 in the console and then i could load tasmota-minimal from markus.

all is working. thanks sir!!!

2 Likes

@markus the one thing I just noted with the RGB-W driver is an issue where I select for example "blue" it changes to blue, I then select "white" it changes to warm white, however if I select "off" then select "on" it changes back to "blue". The only way I can get warm white to hold is by selecting "white" again or color temp 2000 but using the "on" button defaults back to "blue" (or whatever color I selected) everytime. Any ideas?

1 Like

Good catch! I’ll fix it in the driver!

EDIT: @jchurch A new driver will be up in a few moments. If this one doesn't work, please set debugging to Insanely Verbose, do the sequence you tried above, and look for "hexcmd=" and "white()", I need the log which comes after "off()", it will at least contain "hexcmd=", if "white()" is missing this will tell me why.

1 Like

@theisgroup What was the failure message? SetOption81 should have nothing to do with flashing, where did you find mentioning to set SetOption81 1 to solve flashing issues? I'm curious to see where this comes from and the reasoning behind it. Also good to know for others in case this happens again.

sorry it was Setoption78 1. downgrade from 7.2 · Issue #7285 · arendst/Tasmota · GitHub

Ah, that makes sense, thank you. This can be good for others to know. I will see about compiling Tasmota 7.2 with Hubitat support soon, but think I should let it wait a few days more. For now we're staying at 7.1.2.

thanks again for your help

and i guess my other switch that i did a reset configuration is bricked. or at least i need to gather what i need to do a serial flash

It's still doing it @markus so hopefully this logging helps.

Yes, I see it, your light is dimmed, try to bring it up to maximum brightness and see if it comes back correctly when you press on(), if it does, I know what to do...

Unfortunately no luck there still blue when I select on.

New driver in the repo, hope this works

Unfortunately no luck again, this one seems stubborn :stuck_out_tongue:

How does the log look like now? This should have worked...

Here you go mate.

Please try my new driver, if this doesn't work I will need to have a light like this myself...

Your amazing it works!!

1 Like

Nice! There is one thing I will add to the driver, that is that if you run the dimmer down to below 20% and press on() it will bring it up to 20%, otherwise, if the dimmer is set to less than 20%, risk is that pressing on will not actually turn the lights on. What do you think about this change?

1 Like

Yeah that's fine with me. Honestly less than 20% doesn't do much anyways.