[Deprecated] Room Director - Smarter rooms, automatically!

Fantastic job once again @bptworld.

Could I kindly request another feature?

For an additional Secondary Trigger could you implement a power monitor, so when the TV is on and the socket is showing that more than a certain amount of watts is being consumed, the room status is kept as 'occupied'?

Flasher is now working. Thank you!

Q: If I use follow me, then the whole house is notified. If I just want the bedroom #3 speaker. Then I have to use RM?

Otherwise I get an error if I select a google speaker:
\java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Command 'latestMessageFrom' is not supported by device. on line 1047 (roomWarningHandler)

awesome!

As stated in the app, you can not select a google speaker or any other speaker. Only the Follow Me device.

Only if that's the way you have it setup. For example, mine only announces in the rooms that are occupied. Lot's of options.

Not directly. You can use something like RM to check the power and then turn a virtual switch on/off. That switch can be used in RD as the helper device.

I actually have an app I created just for me that monitors my washer and dryer. I could probably change it up to be more generic. That way it could monitor anything using power. Have to think about that one!

1 Like

The more I think about this, the more I think it is doable using Priority Messaging options in Follow Me. I'm going to work on this tonight. :thinking:

1 Like

An app that creates a virtual switch device; one that watches a power monitoring device and only switches on or off based on the state of the power meter would be interesting. It could also be a button device with different buttons per power level. Just ideas to ponder.

You could Bryan have in notification options a check box for follow me as one selection and another for just speakers.

That would defeat the whole purpose of sending all speech through Follow Me.

I know :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:...I just wanted it to remind me in Bedroom 3. Did you get priority messaging working?

New version on GitHub...

Child:
1.1.8 - 07/15/20 - Added Humidity and Power to secondary triggers. Added up to 3 secondary triggers.

Be sure to go into each child app and fix your secondary triggers :wink:

Hi Brian,

How do I use the Virtual Device ?

I tried custom attribute but in RM the status is always (?) I tried Status and switch but I always get the same result.

Which was what? Will need more info on what you are trying to do.

Maybe I'm using it wrong. I expected the virtual device option in Room Director to give a feedback of the status of the room ( occupied, unoccupied)

I want Room Director to control the light in occupied mode to 100%. But when the occupied time has expired. I want a RM rule to dim the light back to 40 % (not turn it off completely)

That's why I need to status of the room, to know when Room Director had the room in inocupied.

Thanks for this great app !

In Rule Machine select the trigger to be a 'switch', then choose the Room Director device to watch. On = Occupied, Off = Unoccupied.

BTW, RD has a similar function built-in. From first post...

Yep, that worked, for some reason it didn't work the first time so I was sure that it used some other way.

I use Room Director for all other rooms and I like the dim before Off feature, but in this case I need the light to stay dim until Sunrise.

1 Like

New version on GitHub...

child and driver:
08/13/20 - Added Time Delay to each Mode, Added Dashboard Room Tile, several fixes/improvements

Love this new feature. I was thinking about this last week and now it's reality ! Thank-you !

... Wile you're at it .... :wink: I have a motion sensor that triggers an outside light. It would be nice to add a contact sensor (patio door) to also be an additional trigger.

Right now you can chose between 4 different types of triggers but cannot mix them.

If you think this would be useful to others and you have the time, this would be a nice addition.

Thanks again for this wonderful app

1 Like

I have a bit of a silly question. But how do I access the Dashboard Room Tile? I created a informational room tile by clicking on the slider and called it "Garage State". I selected a AP device for temperatures. I went into the Dashboard and could not find how to add it. I thought may it would be a device that i had to add to the dashboard first but I did not see that.

Garage State will be the 'title' of the tile on the Dashboard. The actual tile to add to the dashboard is the Virtual Device you made right above that slider switch.

New version on GitHub...

08/15/20 - Added ability to use multiple triggers, Added Time and Sunset/Sunrise triggers, Added Permanent Dim

Time/Sunset/Sunrise needs testing... :wink:

@yannick00000

1 Like

I'm impressed, thank-you for all your work on your many apps in the Hubitat world. I use most of them.

I will test the new features tonight and report back.

Yannick

2 Likes