[DEPRECATED] HS-FLS100+ Floodlight Sensor

It's 2020 dark... quite fitting for this year.

1 Like

When I first setup my device it didn’t report motion either. Not sure what happened but I excluded and readded and it worked.

1 Like

Tried this morning, Exclude/Include and now it works fine. I've got a lot of zwave motion devices but I had never had this problem before. Always a first

Thank-you

1 Like

This is the only device I ever had that problem with (and I was using a different driver). The switch feature worked but not motion.

Hey guys...´ am I the only one having problem with sensitivity? I don’t see any way to reduce it. It detects every car that pass by in the street, 90 feet away. Lucky enough I live in a cul de sac but still.... way too many alerts.

Any suggestion?

I don't have that problem with mine...trying pointing it down further to limit it's range.

Ok i did move it down quite a bit. Waiting for a car going by... :smirk:

Nope.... not any better. :weary:

I get lots of false alarms. I even tried this

But no luck. Sounds like I’m getting more errors with the tape. Strange.

Wonder if you have a bad unit. Maybe put something that completely encloses it to test it OR (if you are comfortable with electric) take it down, put it on a cord and put it in something to test it.

Or you could contact Homeseer if it is still in warranty...

Inside the house it was ok. But today is windy and bright sunny day. Got several false alarm. After sunset, it was ok except this

I just walked in front of it and then it reported several motion within a couple of second. It is configured at 8 seconds reset time. Normally, this was not happening.

May be you’re right... I might have a defective unit.

I think so. Mine is rock solid and I don't think I've EVER had a false report. I use mine to trigger a security camera so I know when it triggers. It's 35 feet from the road and I have it adjusted so that no cars going by trigger it...but a cat walking through my driveway will.

Your photo looks almost horizontal. I'd try down at a 45deg angle.

@bcopeland:
Is there a way to completely disable the logging? With the kids running around outside it is (rightly) being detected as motion. However it is logging "Notification: Home Security" EVERY TIME without any way I can find to stop it. I have both "Enable debug logging" (would not have expected that to work) and "TXT Descriptive logging" (hoping that would have done it) disabled.

Or is this something for version 1.4... because if it is not there now, I am requesting it for version 1.4. Please...

The only reason I noticed is that I was watching the logs for a device I was working on the driver for (and it's children, so I could not narrow it to just the one) and it kept getting bumped...

1 Like

@snell try changing line: 153 from this:

log.info "Notification:" + ZWAVE_NOTIFICATION_TYPES[cmd.notificationType.toInteger()]

to this:

if (txtEnable) log.info "Notification: " + WAVE_NOTIFICATION_TYPES[cmd.notificationType.toInteger()]

you would be just adding the: if (txtEnable) in front of the log.info....

I totally know how to modify the driver to do it (and have already done so).

I just wanted to make sure it was working as intended and request the change going forward, so Bryan could know how annoying it was.
:slight_smile:

based on this earlier statement:

It did not sound like you understood that. Was just trying to help you out.

Yep.. I’ll remove that

1 Like

@jrfarrar:
No worries. I meant it like "within the options the driver makes available for the device". I should have been more specific. When it is someone else's driver I try not to modify it too much (unless it is basically abandoned) because if they release an update for it that will wipe out my custom changes.

1 Like

Not sure why that one slipped through without the if (txtEnable) or (logEnable)

1 Like

Bryan, how could you have possibly made a mistake! I am so disappointed...
:laughing:

I already cannot believe all the stuff you are constantly doing... Heck, I can't ever keep things straight and I am working on far fewer things than you are.