[Deprecated] Bundle Manager

Since some are still confused about what's going on and are making false statements. I have pulled all of my apps off of HPM. There is a placeholder app for Bundle Manager on HPM to make it easy to install, or it can be installed manually.

I still need to make several apps available to BM and will be doing so as I have time. Don't worry if you haven't seen a particular app yet. If/when there is an update, it will be added to BM.

2 Likes

Probably a good move. I know when I first started with Bundles I was confused with the duplication because I was getting update notification from both HPM and Bundles.

If you already had various of your apps under HPM, do you still need the Normal.Stuff under BM? Or is it part of what you have already?

there is still something wrong with the ujpdate process, i do an update and it says all is ok.. then later it is still showing i have an old version and the wrong old version at that..

Normal Stuff Library is required for all of my apps.

I'll look into it.

Thanks

1 Like

thanks i even cleared version info and touched each app. and it still thinks i have 1.03 installed instead of 1.05

New versions of BM and Normal Stuff.

Hopefully fixes the phantom version updates.

1 Like

I just installed Bundle Manager yesterday. Today it found an update for itself, so I'm running 1.1.7. But none of the apps it controls that I already had installed are being picked up. It only knows about itself.

I had(*) Device Check Plus, Device Watchdog, and Life Event Calendar also installed. I've opened and hit "Done" in all those apps, and they still don't show up. They were up-to-date up until I ran unmatch from within HPM on each of them yesterday.

(*) Since I wrote this, I realized I no longer really use DCP or DW, so I've uninstalled them. But Life Event still isn't being picked up.

I seem to be missing something here - how do I actually install something? I search, scroll down in the results and find the app I want, but there is no way to actually install it once I find it. Nothing in the box appears to be a link to install.

Doesn't work that way currently, though Bryan has said he will look into proving that in the UI in the future.

For now, from the 2nd post in this thread:

Thanks for pointing that out! I read that, but it didn't quite sink in that I need to scroll back up to another list. I shouldn't have posted until after I had coffee.

I find even using simple phrases like "Good morning" or "Hi" before coffee is risky. :wink:

Bryan has been working on both the UI and functionality and making updates and improvements...like any new software is a work in progress, but has been improving steadily. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well, I'm doing something wrong as I cannot get this to work. I downloaded and installed the Bundle Manager raw app link from HERE.
Which gave me Bundle Manager HPM, hit the Install the Full Bundle Manager switch, clicked on CLICK HERE to configure Bundle Manager which launched the Bundle Manager app.
Changed the hours in General from 2 to 3, hit Done.
Back into BM, switched Enable Debug Options On, Set 1 hour, hit Done.
Back into BM, clicked on Search, then Manually Update List.
Show All, found Normal Stuff Library, clicked on Install and...

Logs

Error: No signature of method: java.lang.String.call() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [https://github.com/bptworld/Hubitat/raw/master/Bundles/NormalStuffLibrary.zip] Possible solutions: wait(), any(), wait(long), split(java.lang.String), each(groovy.lang.Closure), take(int)

So, clicked on Remove and tried again, and... same thing.

Lost in the dark, again... :crazy_face:

C5 2.3.2.127

Nope, you did everything just right! BUT, you found a bug with new installs. :smile:

New version...

1.1.8 - 06/17/22 - Fixed bug

4 Likes

It looks like the last version of Life Event Calendar available on HPM never had the logic to talk to BM. So do I just install it from BM and let it override the existing app/driver?

Ta-da, thanks!

1 Like

I think I have a problem. I have been enjoying Event Engine, but started missing update, then found out you had moved over to BM.

I installed BM, followed the instructions and installed Normal Stuff and then Event Engine. Unfortunatly it seems have gone wrong. Now I have 2 Event Engines, the new one without any Cogs.

Dare I uninstall the new one and try again? If so, how would I do that?

Haven't seen that one before. But before you do anything, back up your hub in case something goes wrong. Again, back up your hub!

Now that we have a safety net to work with. Click on the Event Engine without any child events and then click remove.

Hey - @bptworld just got this installed and am looking to update the 4 apps of yours I have installed. (follow me, device check plus, device watchdog, at home simulator). However BM isn't finding that I already have them installed. Is there a preferred way to match these up?

Please see post #2.