[Deprecated] Bundle Manager

I tried installing flasher manually and set it up. It did flash my light only one item then I couldn't get it to work again after the first flash attempt. darn I was really hoping to get this working. It would be very useful to myself and my family who are also deaf.

If anyone could help us out here to install it and get it working manually that will be awesome.

Again we know it no longer in development but it kind of a great importance to us.

Okay, okay. :smile: As someone who has become somewhat recently disabled (stroke). I know how much automation can affect quality of life. Give me a few days to get this one going again.

11 Likes

if you post some logs showing you trying to run it and errors etc. i can take a look and see if i see the problem with the flasher app.. it could just be the device you are trying to flash does not have a good enough mesh connection to flash.. for sub second on/off you need to have a good connection.

if it helps i can also put a copy of the flasher in my github and add it to package manager but you just unzip the above zip file and install the 2 files in apps code , and the one driver in driver code.

then add the app under apps. (just the parent app).

@techbill

Feel free to continue any conversation over on the Flasher thread.

3 Likes

Thank you for the feedback and I will look into what you suggested.

1 Like

I got it working. At first I thought I had to install the flasher as a bundle and that didn't work out then I unzipped it and install driver plus 2 apps separately and that worked.

Thank you for creating this awesome app!

1 Like

Also keep in mind the device itself. I tried using it on Hue bulbs. If I want 5 second flashes, great. But each on and off isn’t instant and the device itself dims over a second or two. So I couldn’t expect a one second flash.

However, using it on GE switches, flashing works a little too well! If it gets triggered as part of HPM, getting it to stop can be tricky. Lesson learned the hard way! :grin: