[Deprecated] Bundle Manager

I'm not sure if BM has ever updated anything correctly. I've reinstalled every app multiple times. Any time I get the "update available" text, when I open BM and check, the list is empty. Or there might be 1 thing in the list and it says there are multiple updates available. I run the updates and nothing happens. It'll still say there are updates.

Right now... I am not sure if my apps are even up to date or not. At the bottom of the apps, it says

But inside BM it says

And this was after using the "Update current bundle versions directly from the apps" option. Before I did that, DW and AP were not even showing in the list. Doing a check for update shows in the log that everything is up to date.

If I look in the apps code and open AP, based off the comment section at the top it does appear to be version 1.0.0. The comment section at the top of DW seems to indicate the version is 2.0.3. It's also possible that since these are just code comments that they actually are the latest version and the changes were just not commented in the code. But when I look at the code for BM it does say 1.4.4.

Also, as a side note, deleting a bundle from within BM does not remove it from the bundles in HE. I removed Quick Chart a while back using BM.

BM is telling me there is 1 update available.

The log indicates it is NSL

When I open the app, it says "There is 1 update available. I click Update Options. It shows there is nothing to update. The dropdown menu is empty. There is nothing to select.

I turned on debug mode. Here is what the log shows.

If I go back to the main menu and click the check for bundle update options, it seems to spam the log. Two entries a couple of milliseconds apart, then 2 seconds later another 2, etc. It did this for about 5 minutes before stopping.

There is still nothing to select when choosing update options. I went ahead and searched for each of the bundles I have installed and re-installed all 4 of them.

Same for me - shows 1 update available (Normal Stuff Library) but "Select Bundles to Update" drop-down shows nothing.

I then selected to "Auto Update Bundles", ran the check again, and Bundle Manager updated Normal Stuff Library and the update notice cleared, so the bug only affects manual updating.

1 Like

Same here ... same problem. I don't find this interface intuitive or that the the BM "updates bundles quickly and easily."

I find that I don't know what is happening at all with the interface. It could be me! :frowning_face:

Even after an "auto update" BM indicates updates are still available. Even after refreshing the browser. Even after rebooting the hub.

After the reboot I went back into BM and rechecked for updates ... and then the updates cleared.

Might I suggest that BM running a "updates available" check after the updates are complete would probably help the issue of continually showing updates are available even after an update.

New version...

1.4.6 - 10/08/23 - More Adjustments

3 Likes

Hi @bptworld ,
Got the update notice in the apps page.
Got into the app.
Checked for updates available and got the Bundle Manager version 1.4.6
Checked the UPDATE check box to get this log (3 tries):

The app still says the update is avilable and it does not seem to update.

In Hubitat, go to Bundles / Import Zip

Use this URL: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bptworld/Hubitat/master/Bundles/BundleManager.zip

Be patient, it'll tell you when it's finished.

Thanks

Hi,

I ran the install from HPM. I just clicked the radio button to install the Bundle Manager with Hub security. Nothing happened or any indication in the logs. What should I be seeing next or looking for? Thanks...

EDIT: Disregard, I see this inserts 'Bundle Manager' in the 'Add User App' area and I need to install that.

1 Like

I'm sure this has probably been said elsewhere but I don't understand why this continues to exist. Please integrate the bundled apps into Package Mgr and make that core to Hubitat.

See post #1.

1 Like

Bryan, I've previously read that. I guess I don't really understand why you haven't rolled your apps into Package Mgr. To me, it would make sense for Pkg Mgr to be integrated into the Hubitat menu tree.

After following the instructions, BM is now broken and won't complete setup after uninstall/install. Doesn't show up in installed apps. If it matters, I'm running HE BETA.

After much machinations, uninstalling every bundle, library, etc. except the few apps/drivers I'd still like to try, I was finally able to get BM installed and seen as installed by HE.

Now when I install any app, existing or not, it throws errors and I have to go back and forth and run the install 2-3 times to get it installed.

This error coincides with the log error below.

New version...

1.4.7 - 11/23/23 - Error trapping

@rjterry21 try manually updating (post #2)

thanks

Check for Bundle Updates updated BM to 1.4.7

I was able to install one (1) previously never before used app, and install one previously uninstalled app without errors.

Thx.

1 Like

Is this app completely shut down or disabled? I know it no longer developed and I need the Flasher to set up light for my doorbell button because I am deaf.

I tried installing the bundle manager then it say first time use please update waiting ....... I waited for a while and nothing happen .. it still show still working .... please wait ..

I know it not longer supported or developed but is older version still working and available? How do I get the flasher installed?

Thank you
Bill

Could do it manually by going to the Bundles Tab on the hub and importing: https://github.com/bptworld/Hubitat/raw/master/Bundles/TheFlasher.zip

Thanks .. I'll try that

If they still work, feel free to use them. If they don't... well. That would be it for that one. I keep them on my Github so others can build off of them or use them as examples, if anyone would choose to do so. Lots of good bits and pieces in there!

6 Likes

I think that hang happened to me too. I reloaded the page and the install seemed to have worked. I am using the flasher currently. (and thanks @bptworld)

The Hubitat team should add flashing as a system feature -- it is incredibly useful at times.