Dealing with Zigbee Issues - Gotta love those Crees

That is where that patience part comes in..... the one we all don’t have....
Removing a router from a network basically removes the talking path for a device. The device will try for about 20 minutes to go that route and if it still fails, it will “panic”. Once it panics, it tries to rebuild the route and will check all the neighbors that are around it.

One more question, did you connect those Cree bulbs and which once are the two new once?

I was just looking for them. I need to go and check to see if it actually connected them. they're not in the routing table anywhere. Before you reiterated patience, I removed the battery to the sensor and reinserted it. It's now flashing blue.

I never turned that switch back on. I also either lost a xiaomi motion or a lightify strip. Given there are two in that room, I'm betting it was the strip.

Looking at the neighbor table entries I would suspect Bedroom Dresser and Bedroom Floor devices aren't communicating well. Low LQI's and they've gone 7 intervals without reporting their link status. Are they controllable? Maybe something trying to route through them are the devices now showing problems?

They didn't trigger when I went up there.

AFAIK that designation isn't an error indication but refers to a class of repeaters and how often (or how comprehensively) they store/refresh their routing tables. Don't quote me though.

Can you control them from the hub's UI (I assume they are lamps). At this point if you were expecting them to turn on from an automation, their triggering devices may already be out to lunch.

Sadly I think you might need one or more solid repeaters near there... one of the problems with bulbs is that their radios also tend to have crummy antennas. Does Zigbee logging show their RSSI? They may have a weak radio link. Which is bad news for them and any children that they may be parenting...

On another subject, the Xiaomi's should be unaffected by this... or are they the devices that should be triggering the bulbs? In any case see if they are still checking in. They should be.

yah .. The bedroom lightify strip didnt trigger but i can control it. It has a xiaomi motion sensor attached to it.

Huh... so are the Xiaomi children all accounted for and still checking in? I just noticed the 'No information for child 0' in your info.

Yah -dining room motion, kitchen island, dining room motion corner, dining room table, bedroom, spare room, basement steps, laundry room ... just counted them. Seems they're accounted for. the child one is an iris motion

Bedroom cree is not responding at all

So at this point, I would still suspect weak/intermittent communication with the lamp that failed to trigger (assuming you're seeing that triggering Xiaomi's event getting properly logged). The very low LQI (numbers <200 nearly always mean a low quality radio link) and the fact that the link status reports are timing out is consistent with poor response. To confirm this you might try beating on it from the hub UI several times to see if you can catch it not turning on/off as expected.

Is that Bedroom Dresser or Bedroom Floor? Those two stand out as duds from the status info.

To echo what Tony is saying, usually you should plan with 1 good repeater for every 8 end devices. Of course, you need to account for distance too

bedroom dresser

Where is your peanut located? Do you think it would reach the hub if you move it to the bedroom?

I can try. what is the peanut going to help repeat? Should i ditch the xiaomis? or the Crees?

It think you have a problem with overall mesh strength. I don’t know the layout of your house but based on what I see in the routing table I would add a good repeater in the bedroom and the basement. Where are your Xiaomi devices located? Reason I ask is that the peanut is not a good repeater for them

1 Like

Ok, well that is consistent with the status being reported. If you aren't tired of playing with this you might try relocating your peanut plug nearer to the bedroom bulbs and just wait a while. The theory says that the nonresponsive bulbs should be able to rejoin the network through the peanut (self heal).

I'd suggest doing nothing with the Xiaomi's right now; if they are still checking in (the device details report shows last checkin time) every hour, they are happy where they are. AFAIK the peanut should repeat OK for the Cree bulbs (I have no experience with the peanut plug).