Dashboards

Animated icons too!

1 Like

This needs the cloud to work?

Why not use HA dashboard? Some people here use HE for everything and HA for dashboard.

its an option. I dont have a spare RPI at the moment so haven't be able to try it. Sort of wondering what other options there are as well

I highly recommend Hubivue that @rlithgow1 linked to above. It is fairly new and has already had a lot of development and improvement. The developer @gslender is active both in this community and the Hubivue community and is really good about listening to feed back to see if new features can be implemented or explain why something might not be possible. It definitely is worth a look.

1 Like

If you have a rPi or Linux server you can try my HousePanel. Installation effort required but once installed no CSS knowledge required to make incredibly customizable panels.

There is a whole thread somewhere here comparing the many options including my HousePanel, Josh’s Sharptools, and more.

Not always - hubiVue will operate fine if the internet is unavailable and will continue to do so until it returns, so it isn’t 100% cloud dependent like many other options

1 Like

I look a look at hubiVue and it looks really good. Appears much more polished than what I put together. The small annual fee is probably worth it since I’m sure you’ll want more than 50 tiles. I am curious how it gets info in and out of the Hubitat hub (never mind… I see it uses the maker api). Still very nice work.

1 Like

100% local

Was interested to stumble across this thread but sad to say hubivue look sot be discontinued. What's next best option for no/minimal code but nice looking dashboard?

If using android HD+ If using apple, Homekit

1 Like

Dashboards can be subjective but this is my dashboard built with Tile Builder. No coding required but it takes more time than just putting buttons on the page.

TB has the advantage that it is all native to HE, works cross platform because it is browser based, does not require MakerAPI as a middleman.

Because of it's modular design it stays under the 1,024 byte limit so it works over cellular. All you lose is the background image.

4 Likes

Essentially, it is. or at least orphaned. I still have it running, but I had already switched over to the CE connector. I don't know if that is why it still seems to be functional or not. I expect it to finally crash any day now, and I have mostly moved on to Sharptools. While it does take a bit of tinkering (which Hubivue also did), and there are some differences, I am finding Sharptools to be well-suited to replace Hubivue. I would add that the support @josh provides is very good, and usually responds pretty quickly. If you are on Android HD+ is also a very good alternative, and @jpage4500 provides a high level of support for that as well. I was using that before I switched to Hubivue. I have since switched to Apple from Android. I am also still playing with tilebuilder. It seems to be a very good solution as well, though I have yet to completely wrap my mind around it. I tend to think I'm going to be using it more for things like monitoring device health.

I don't know what the issue is, and Hubitat doesn't seem to be able to figure it out, I have not been able to get my C8 to connect to Homekit yet. Homekit doesn't even see the hub. I have one C7 that does. No clue what the problem is.

3 Likes

Usually that turns out to be a network issue with not being on the same subnet...(usually)

We went through that round of things previously. They are all on the same subnet, I've never set up any separate subnets for anything, I wouldn't even know how to. Out of three hubs the C8 (which actually has all of my physical, noncloud devices, mostly Zwave) and a C7 (which has my cloud devices, but I only tried it as an experiment) are not discoverable by Home kit. Only one C7, the one that runs all of the automation, actually will regularly connect. I've even gone so far as to unplug the C8 and plug it into the same port as the C& which Does connect, and even by-passing the POE switch and plugging into the router directly, I have never been able to get it to connect to home kit.

WHY doesn't HE throw us a bone and give us some basic dashboard tools?
The current system barely works for building a dashboard.

Not really true. Have you ever looked at the dashboard thread? Lots of great stuff done with the native dashboard... Hell, I think someone did an LCARS style dash

Maybe not what you are looking for but check out this thread.

Here is an example of a dash @wecoyote5 built using this tool.

3 Likes

Rick, thanks for the reply.
By native I'm referring to built in functionality like when you buy a device and the driver is already in HE and I don't have to go search and install it..
I have tried a couple of 'add-on' dash boards but I'm not a super-user and I have a couple of HE systems I've built that work quite nicely.
I get frustrated when I want to do a simple task like add a blank row for future tiles at the top and have to move all the existing tiles down.. Sometimes I'd like to just put a dividing line between tiles to form a visual group. This is very basic stuff. I don't know CSS.
I do appreciate the fact that HE 'just works' for me, but the dashboard is weak.
Jim

1 Like

For drivers, you can look at the compatibility list which lists at least 870 devices with built in drivers. These are what has been tested with hubitat. Not to mention hundreds of devices that havent been tested that work with the built in drivers.

As to the dash, sure it's not as pretty as others but it's functional and really that's all it needs to be. It's why a lot of people use Homekit, HA, Sharptools, etc. For myself at least I barely use dashboards except to glance at a few device status's or control the locks if I forget to lock a door on the way out. I rely more on automation.

You may also wanna look at this