Dashboard

I understand. But what is frustrating is that I was advised on this forum to get rid of the wemo switches due to potential problems. I was gifted a few tplink kasa switches that at first glance seemed to better suited for HE. That has proven to be wrong. I even deleted the kasa switches and app and reinstalled, no go.So to say that it is an IP concern should of rectified with the new install, but no. Trouble shooting is fine if I am here, but when away I need something reliable, HE is not that, in fact it has been less reliable then SmartThings. Again thanks

1 Like

I do appreciate your persistence with this. Many (all) of us have experienced frustrations with IT at different times, so to have persisted with implementing this solution this far is appreciated. I think the opinion / concern of others (including me) involved in this conversation is that the issues you have been experiencing may not be directly attributed to HE, but more the setup of your LAN and/or the links you have used when accessing your dashboards or HE App. Whether that is the case or not, I'd personally be happy to see you enjoy some positive period of using HE with your other devices and perhaps re-visit this at a later stage.

1 Like

There’s only three things I’ve been able to understand from the info OP has provided here.

1. Some kind of problem with dashboard loading
  2. Some kind of problem with Hubitat control of Kasa switches
  3. The has had at least three IP addresses throughout all this (based on screenshots uploaded by OP)

The rest of it has been about as clear as mud.

The Hubitat community can be very helpful when troubleshooting issues with the hub, associated devices, or the home network.

But without specific information and answers to questions that are asked, it becomes difficult or even impossible to help.

4 Likes

Well here is the thing. Throughout this thread we all have been trying to help you and have been given very little information to our queries to help lead you down the path to actually fixing it. You want stable IP interaction with the kasa stuff like EVERYONE else has here but without you providing information to us getting your hub to properly function like you think it should is pretty much impossible as we are not telepathic.

Because those people as well as the devs have a lot of experience with those devices and know of what they speak

Because you refuse to give any information to us to help us assist you.

2 Likes

The way Hubitat and SmartThings handles devices, especially LAN and Cloud based devices, is quite different. It is hard to directly compare how one device works on one system to how it works on another. It could even be some external influence, like your Wifi router causing issues.

That is not to say Hubitat is less reliable, just that the setup and configuration differences between the two hubs can make one hub appear to be less reliable when in fact it is the way things are interacting between each other.

When Hubitat are looking for devices, or when devices are looking for Hubitat, they must be at a certain address. It is no different than ordering something from Amazon and you don't enter your house address, it won't get there if there is no defined address or the address is incorrect.

I suspect you have some type of LAN issue or Wifi issue causing you problems. Others have pointed to your various IP addresses for the Hubitat as one example. You need to set a fixed or reserved IP address in your router for your Hubitat and other LAN devices.

That said, we are missing a lot of information here.

• We haven't seen any screenshots of error messages in the Logs tab of Hubitat, especially right when you try to operate the device(s) that apparently have issues.
  • We haven't seen anything as to how you setup Kasa integration.
  • Similarly, are the Kasa on the same LAN as your hub, you didn't put them on a separate guest network, for example?
  • We haven't seen any confirmation that you setup an IP reservation for your hub, We haven't figured out why your IP address keeps changing.
  • We don't know what brand/model your router is, some are extremely problematic with IOT devices.
  • We don't have screenshots of how you set up things in Hubitat Networking, people who mess around with Static IP often misconfigure things there.
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.