Dashboard tiles not correct / updating

I've found a few threads but older so thought I'd pop another one. My dashboard tiles are not changing correctly and are not correct after action. I have a tile that turns on and off my heater, and it's been wrong fairly often. Right now I'm sitting next to the heater so I know what's going on. If I click on a button to turn it on it seems to turn on along with the tile change. But when I try to turn it off it sits at sending, and the tile never changes. Sometimes, after about 3-4 minutes it will turn off, but by then I'm not totally sure if something else is going on.

It just hangs at sending. If I refresh the page, I can toggle it again, and again it hangs at sending.

Try doing it with the log page open and also look at the device events. This way you will be able to isolate if the device or dashboard was having issue.

You can add a virtual switch and test dashboard off a virtual switch to make sure dashboard is working. Dashboard can only reflect what the state / attribute is of any device. If the device or driver is not updating correctly, dashboard will not know the change.

Check the device details section for the change, if it doesn't change there, something is wrong with the device / driver or communication between device and hub.

Hmmm. OK, looks like it's my plug. I don't see anything happening in the log.

Bummer.

Not a bummer, just need to figure out what's causing it not to report. What driver are you using and what type of device is it?

It's a Fibaro Wall Plug. I'm using the Fibaro Wall Plug driver.

It's the same device that seems to be causing my rule to fail, so feels like it's the plug.

I removed the device, reset it and then added it back just to clear up any issues there. Going to the device menu I can turn it on and off with a little delay but still no luck via the dashboard even after removing the adding the tile.

I have a similiar issue. If I look at the dashboard in the portal it shows the correct status. I have a link on my home screen of my phone and it does not show the correct status. (Status in this case is door switches). Sometimes it will update after several minutes, but not always. I have tried both local and cloud dashboard. Same result.

Since I really need the ability to quickly look at my door and other status, this is needed.

Similar issue with fibaro dimmer. Did you manage to get this working?

Never got it working. Been trying sharptools and it works great. If I access dashboard from the menu its fine. Problem there is too many steps to get to a dashboard.

1 Like

Hi,
Am having a similar same issue with my new Fibaro switch (213). On the dashboard, if i click on the light to come on, it switches the light on but the icon is showing hour glass with text "Sending". I can switch it off but the icon will still show the same thing. But i won't be able to switch on the second time unless i refresh the page. have tried the dashboard locally and the cloud version.

Am using the built-in fibaro switch driver. I have set different colours for on and off.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

H.

I haven't found much help on getting defects and issues worked with Habitat, so I think you're best bet is to go down the Microsoft style support path (Reboot, reinstall... :)) Ultimately that's what worked for me. I think there's a bug there that surfaces over time.

Thanks for getting back. Did a full reset and re-added device but still does the same i.e. dashboard doesn't update the status. I have contact hubitat support to find out whats the reason.

Thanks.

I have attached a couple of pics to give an idea of whats happening.switch%20off
switch%20on

Is the Dashboard having issues, or the App? I've noticed that happens on the App just released, but via the browser I haven't seen that recently. What browser are you using?