Physical Switch Trigger

I want to use a Wall switch to trigger a rule in RM 4.0 by using the physical switch trigger capability. It works, but when the same switch is turned on or off by other rules, the physical state changes also thus triggering the same rule in error

I ONLY want the rule to trigger when using the physical button. Isn’t that the Idea with physical switch?

I am using a Fibaro dimmer with a momentary switch button assigned to it.

2.1.5.124 on C-4

It seems to be dependent on the driver I use. I had the Generic Smart Z-wave Dimmer device driver which generates lots or data in the logs including physical on/off regardless if I am using the switch button or turning on/off via the controller.

I changed to the Generic Z-wave Dimmer (not smart) and now it works.

It also works if I use the Fibaro Dimmer device driver but then my dashboard brakes with icons going into time glass state as the controller does not seem to know the state of the switch. Other users seem to have the same issue Dashboard tiles not correct / updating

2 Likes

Thanks for this post! Helped me figure out a similar issue I was having.

When I had my "Leviton DZ6HD Z-wave Dimmer" using the driver of the same name, digital changes to the light level were showing as physical and triggering the rule I'd setup for physical changes. When I switched it to "Generic Z-wave CentralScene Dimmer" (what it was originally included as) it started working they way I expected.

Edit: Actually, it ended up being the Generic Z-wave Smart Dimmer" driver that behaved how I wanted.