Dashboard Tile Request - Device Name Customization

Thank-you @neonturbo, Do you know if there is a more formalized way of submitting feature requests or tracking these things? Patrick had posted about some features coming soon that were of interest to many of us.

Thanks!

There is no public tracker. Hubitat surely has an internal one, but I don't know who handles that, or dashboard development.

The forum seems to be the best place to ask for things as of now.

(until this can be done in HE)

This can be done in [RELEASE] smartly v1.07 - dash header themes, 3rd party auto-patching, tons of new mods, tile color picker. Additionally there were some suggestions of overriding units labels for humidity tiles. This can also be done, as it supports attribute unit labels (and custom icons in case anyone wanted that).

Apparently Rome wasn't built in 2 years either..

My Master Bathroom has vanity lights above the his/her sinks. Total of 6 bulbs. Instead of using dimmable bulbs, I opted to create a virtual button & using the Button Controller I set it up so that Full Bright is all 6 Bulbs On, Medium Brightness Bulbs 2, 4, 6 are On, and Low Brightness Bulbs 3 & 4 are On (the boss of the house likes his option, and uses it during her bath, as the light is focused on the main portion of the bathroom, but light is dim toward the bathtub) .. Additionally, I have setup so that certain bulbs, 1,2,3 turn on over one sink, and 4,5,6 turn on over the other

However because of this, all 3 buttons (for Low, Medium, High) in the Dashboard now just say "Master Bathroom Button" because there no custom label/name option. Or even an option to remove the forced labeled so the user could just use an Icon to indicated the buttons purpose.

The dashboard function/ability is seriously lack luster. It seems whom ever is behind Hubitat has a one track focus; "Users should use the system/software as I do" .. Reading through many of these posts about the dashboard, so many long time users try to push folks into using physical (smart) switches, and away from the dashboard. Frankly, I don't want to go around the home having to replace 20+ (several multi-way) light switches, when I can just stick a cheap tablet on the wall with the dashboard.

Also, having to install a completely separate Dashboard app to gain the function that should be present in the default one of the device I bought; There seems to be WAY to much depending on other to fix Hubitat flaws.

You can change the label/icon of a tile with css. There are a few examples in this post below for doing so.