[Dashboard] Pin Protected Tiles/Dashboards

Also curious about ability to set the tile for HSM to have a pin code to arm or disarm. I want to use the local dashboard on my tablet by my front door but not liking that anyone that comes in can disarm without entering a pin. Really like this feature on Sharptools but I don’t want to run a native app in case server or internet goes down. My wife would rip the system out if she had to figure out how to use two dashboards! Also don’t want to have to give lessons to house guests on what they would need to do to switch from a native app to the local app

Coming soon

I may be missing it but I've searched the community for pin protected tiles and while I saw a "done" in terms of pin for a given tile (specifically HSM) I can't find that the feature has, in fact, been implemented. Is this still coming or is it already here and I can't seem to locate it? Essentially I want to put a couple of ipads on the wall in the house and simply arm/disarm from the dashboard and pin protect HSM.

Yes, HSM tiles are pin protected now.

I'm not seeing the ability to set a pin in any of the gui menus. Can you please point me in the right direction as to where a pin can be set for an individual tile? I'm running the latest firmware.

Apps, Dashboards, specific dashboard, advanced, set pins for HSM and/or modes.

1 Like

When I get to this screen. The "Advanced" Pull down only stays for about 2 seconds. Not enough time to type a PIN and scroll down to Done. I have not been able to get this to stay any longer. This has been kicking my A** for two days now.

What browser? Try chrome or any chromium based browser. It just needs a single click to drop down the advanced section.

On the advanced area under a dashboard you show "Requiring a pin before sending an HSM command". Will this pin work on a tile that is tied to a virtual switch and used in a rule that arms and disarms HSM?

I have a virtual switch that when turned On manually it sends the Arm Away to HSM. Same if turned Off manually it disarms HSM.

I am using chrome. I tried using the Edge browser same thing. Let me try explorer.. Ok had to download explorer 11 . That did it. The pull down stays open until I close it in explorer but again I go back to chrome (ver 73) and the pull down closes after about 2 seconds....... weird... too busy now but will explorer Chrome settings later. Thanks for the suggestion

Try disabling extensions and try in an incognito tab. Something is wrong with your browser.

I have some pop up blockers in chrome that might be causing the problem. I'll do a little playing and post the resolution

Bingo.. It was my RoboForm password manager. It appears that Roboform see's that Pin Field and tries to Fill and Submit. I believe It can be configured to not populate based on App and or Website. So I am off to look into that. But is definitely the Auto Fill and Submit. The reason Explorer worked because I just downloaded and installed. I did not load the RoboForm extension to it.

I’d really love to see the ability to password protect one tile. Whether it’s HSM or not. For example I would like to have a virtual button tile on my dashboard that would turn on the entryway lights and disarm HSM. Would love to see this feature added in the future.

1 Like

Any updates? Is it possible to password protect a tile? (I want a code to unlock my door).

1 Like

Not that I’ve noticed.

These hub is amazing!!! I would love to have a pin enable option also. I use this hub for many applications including monitoring of my utility room. I wired the zwave 40 amp indoor/outdoor box to my well pump pressure switch. I use a generic switch driver for control of the well pump remotely. I would like to password protect the tile, so my children do not accidentally swipe and shut off the well pump. Maybe this is in the works. Anyways this hub, and discussion board is truly amazing! If only I would of discovered Hubitat sooner. Keep up the great work gents.

1 Like

Any news on this?

Consider setting one up yourself using Rule Machine. Read through this thread, and use Rule Machine to perform the action when the correct PIN is entered:

After experimenting with the Rule Machine version linked above by BrianP, which can work ok once you get it setup, I wrote this addon to give a better pin/keypad experience on the dashboards:

In addition to setting HSM or modes, you can create custom triggers for anything (RM/webcore/etc) that can require a pin, or not, and you can use 'lock code manager' to help manage multiple pins/codes on the virtual keypad device. You can then add your configured keypad to any other dashboards you want to include it on, or have custom virtual keypads for different dashboards/user groups.

1 Like