Dashboard not updating Ikea blinds

I have 11 IKEA blinds, which are working great. My issue is the dashboard for the blinds shows some of them are partially open when in fact they are closed. If I go into the device list for the affected blinds they show the same as the dashboard. If I hit refresh immediately they show closed.
As someone with OCP, this bothers me. Any way to get the blinds to refresh automatically?

With some devices, you can do a refresh by using Rule Machine. This is probably not the best option, but one way to do it. In my screenshot below I just manually run this. But you would probably do a "Periodic Schedule" as the Trigger with a few minutes as the time between triggers.

But in reality, there is quite possibly an underlying Zigbee issue (signal strength?) or the driver isn't working properly. Maybe it's something else entirely. I don't know nearly enough about these blinds to make a judgement about any of those possibilities here, but the one thing you can check is that the device setting page "current states" in the upper right corner matches actual blind position. If "current states" are NOT correct, the dashboard won't be either.

Another person had this issue and modified the driver to refresh automatically.

That is the solution! Created a rule to refresh the shades every 30 minutes.

My version of the drivers update in real time and should not need to be refreshed.

1 Like

@a4refillpad

My previous post was 4 months ago when I was using a different driver.

My IKEA shades work great with your driver, thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.