Ikea Blind issue, 1 out of 2 blinds passes refreshed data

So I got my Fyrtur blinds installed, quick and easy, although why Ikea has such a huge gap on the left and right sides is another question..

Anyways they paired easily but I am having an issue where only one actually sends back what is happening when I send a command. For example if I set level to 50 from 0 or anywhere really, my right blind will then report back that it's opening or closing and send the final state when complete. The left blind while it will move to that position, it won't send that it's moving or even that it finished moving to that level and it's status will remain as it was before. Now if I hit refresh, it will get the correct data.. but that's not ideal, especially from the dashboard perspective as I can't refresh the device from there. This is super annoying as one blind works perfectly but not the other. I tried resetting and repairing but no luck :frowning: anyone else run into a similar issue or have a fix? Running what I think is the latest driver from April 2020.

Neither of my left and right report a status without hitting refresh. If you read through the long post about these, that is a common complaint. Until a better firmware, driver update, or a 'zigbee poller' app exists like the z-wave poller app, We are outta luck.

just add in runIn(30,refresh) to the code as the first thing in open, close and set level.
This will run the refresh 30 seconds after you move the blind.

1 Like

Thanks, that appears to solve the issue of getting an update after it finishes moving. Just very strange how one an work so well and report in real-time while the other can't :frowning:

I take it that code does a 30 sec pause, then the refresh command. Is there any way to also add similar code to pause, then the ping from the device page to get the battery level to appear?

The runIn schedules a defined command to run in X number of seconds.
You can replace refresh with ping and it will do the same thing but probably need any delay.
I should say this a hacky way to do it. If battery isn't reporting it would probably be best to schedule it at a regular interval.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.