Dashboard and Template color editor

Hello all, I am trying to understand the behaviour of the "template color editor"

I want to change the background of a tile based on the device state, The way I understand how it works is it is global to the whole dashboard. In the example below, I just did a little test by switching the Icon color + background color for the Shade device.

Only one is affected, while the other is not.... Wondering what I do wrong. Thanks for any help.

J.

1 Like

You didn't do anything wrong. I believe there is a bug with shade template. See below

Are both your shades the same brand? Use the same driver?

They are not the same brand ( the one with Cian is an Ikea, the others are Smartwings). But I am using the generic Zigbee driver for all of them. It works fine for me. Wanted to remove an unknown from the equation.

If I recall, It did the same with the Ikea driver + the Smartwing driver, but I should do another test to confirm.

It seems I am collecting bug since I migrated from SmartThings last September.. Every single thing I try has an hidden feature :frowning: I dont think Dashboard related issues are not very high in the priority list of fixing things... in fact I think it is very very low ! At least Home Kit integration makes it Wife ready !

So IKEA with Generic Zigbee Driver, makes the tile color work. Did you notice the icon works on the Smartwings?
Odd, my Smartwings didn't work with the generic driver, no control. Must take a second look.
Makes me think the Smartwings are not reporting back correctly or the driver is not handling the information correctly.

Open Close Partly open - see below - so something is obviously being reported. I joined the device status in the same order

Same findings as my setup. Over in the other thread I reached out to Hubitat support, maybe they will run a few tests.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.