Daikin One Integration

I just upgraded my home HVAC system to a Daikin FIT that uses the Daikin One WiFi stat. There is an integration option as it allows for a token to be generated as well as states third party integrations are available using the token. I can't seem to find anything for a Hubitat device integration. Any ideas or guidance would be greatly appreciated. BTW, came from an Ecobee 3 and absolutely loved it.

1 Like

I'm in the same boat. I installed mine a few months back. Daikin has an open API but it's way above my paygrade to write a driver. I'd be willing to pay a reasonable fee if someone wanted to write a driver.

Since the Daikin One has an Alexa skill In the meantime I've been using that and some HE virtual switches to at least trigger some presence based settings without everyone having to install the Daikin app on their phone.

Same system here. I've messed with the Daikin API a bit just through postman but I don't know anything about the Hubitat side of things.

1 Like

I spent a lot of time reading from this https://github.com/apetrycki/daikinskyport

1 Like

If you still need something:

3 Likes

Nice job @thebearmay . Thank you for the hard work you put into this. This was the last piece I needed to get things buttoned up in HE. You're a huge asset to the community and obviously spend many hours helping others.

Thanks again!

2 Likes

This is great! One thing I'd love to see is ThermostatOperatingState so I can automate based on the state of heating/cooling etc. I see you have some of that in there but it wasn't fully implemented. I'm new to this so might give it a try but wondered if you might be working on an update.

I took a crack at this here. See the changes I made here.

I'm not sure why just yet, but my influxdb bridge didn't like that attribute, so I ended up adding another line (not in the pull request) to send the data as a number instead of a string. After doing that, I'm able to display the state in Grafana.

Code not in pull request:

updateAttr("equipmentStatusNum",devDetail.equipmentStatus)

Grafana screenshot:

Last time I played with the code the thermostat never seemed to return equipmentStatus. I did place a version (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thebearmay/hubitat/main/daikin/daikinMasterv003.groovy) that maps the Daikin values to HE standard values if they are returned, if you want to pull it down and replace the current daikenMaster driver.

I added ThermostatOperatingState successfully and now everything reports correctly and my dashboard gets the heating/cooling commands and represents them correctly. I may contribute back soon so it is available.

That would be great if you could

Was looking over your code, not much different than what I put in https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thebearmay/hubitat/main/daikin/daikinMasterv003.groovy a couple weeks ago.

1 Like

Is this integration still working? I just got a Daikin system installed and went to integrate it into my Hubitat setup but couldn't get logged in. I took a look at the code and seemed straight forward so thought I would try to debug and see what was going wrong. When I then looked at the Daikin openapi spec online I realized that they must have changed their code since it now requires api key and utilizes bearer tokens. The api itself seems simple enough, but quite different than the existing integration.

I am wondering the same thing. I installed this driver and it shows my account zip code and thermostat name, but then there are no options or commands to configure the thermostat.

Did you install both the app and device code, and then instantiate the app and let it create the device?

Hello,
I am trying to get driver working with a DaikinOne+ thermostat. I tripled checked the userid, pw and they are OK, but I have no comm. with the thermostat from hubitat.

I installed a virtual thermostat, and then reassigned the driver for the one in this thread. Then I set up my userid and pw. Is there a step I am missing ?

Tnx for your input.

Same question…

I only have the driver device code with this thread. Are you refering to the Daikin App, otherwise, which APP is it ? There is The thermostat controller app in hubitat also

There are two different drivers on here. One is a master-child setup for a multi thermostat setup and the other is a single thermostat. Both worked the last time I checked but one requires two sets of code to be downloaded and the other only one. If you grabbed the multi one you need both pieces loaded.

Thanks for the follow up and support

I actually tested both the same way. Actually I do not need a multi thermostat setup.
1- Create the driver using the code for either the single one or multi one.
2- Create a virtual thermostat
3- Assign the driver to the virtual thermostat
4- Configure my Daikin account data.

From you answer, I have the following questions.

• From the 4 steps above, if I choose to use the single thermostat driver. Where did I erred ?. You referred earlier to an app to be installed. Which app and were can it be found ? (Built in app , third party app, other ?)

Also you mentionned that when installing the app, it was automatically instantiating the driver.