"Current Products" Zigbee e-wand - Driver Support?

When I programmed my e-Wand, I made the mistake of setting full close to 100% down, rather than 100% up (blocks light better when it closes upwards all the way).

I'm thinking that I can just re-program the wand's close/open settings using the programming button on the wand, and then my automations should continue to work normally, close just changes from all the way down to all the way up. Make sense?

@mike.maxwell Possible to add a direction option like direction option in the zemismart driver?

That would be perfect...much more flexible and easier to manage.

I vote yes! :smiley:

direction?, what's that do exactly...

Sets whether the blinds close up or down, when you say close.

Default: Close = Blinds rotated all the way down
Reverse: Close = Blinds rotated all the way up

1 Like

What @danabw said. So in my case with the shade, the up arrow normally rotates the motor clockwise. But being my orientation for the pull chain is on the right, i set the setting to reverse so that it rotates counter clockwise when I push the up button...

Ok for some reason 3 of my ewand devices stopped working and will no longer play “ode to joy” when trying to pair with my Hubitat C7.

During the pairing process (while the wand is beeping) I can open and close via Hubitat in the device view, but once “Beethovens 5th” plays it shows in Hubitat but no longer responds.

According to the manual “Beethovens 5th” is played when the wand can’t find the Zigbee network.

Any ideas?

Edit: I had to factory reset them, then join and delete them 2-3 times each for them to finally connect. Very weird and hope it doesn’t happen again.

Update: I haven’t seen this again. I don’t know for sure but it was possibly caused by changing all of my wall switches from older Nue Zigbee switches to newer Zigbee switches.

1 Like

Bummer. I only have one e-Wand installed, and so far it's been reliable. Did you check your Zigbee details page when the issues were happening to confirm things looked normal there?

Could it be the crappy batteries that come with them? Maybe they're low?

1 Like

Very good point - my in-box batteries were so dead they barely moved the wan, had to replace them immediately. I would not trust the batteries are shipping in the box. Definitely a good idea to put in new batteries if he's still using the ones that come w/the e-Wand.

1 Like

Yeah Ive had shitey batteries out of the box a lot...

1 Like

Weirdly the batteries are fine. Back to opening and closing automatically after resetting and re pairing.

Had one play a tune a few weeks ago when its batteries got low and replaced. It was one of the units that stopped responding now.

Out of the 4 I have running, 3 stopped responding at the same time.

I’ll try battery replacement if it happens again.

Update in post above: "Current Products" Zigbee e-wand - Driver Support? - #87 by shane1

1 Like

Let's hope this doesn't become a pattern for the rest of us. [eek!]

Hopefully things will settle down for you and behave.

1 Like

Having lots of trouble pairing these. Got 2 for xmas and the first paired right away, tho as a device and in the kitchen. (hub is in our bedroom maybe 25 ft away) Changed driver to generic zigbee shade and it works, except only states opening and closing!? 2nd one i reset, idk maybe 10 times finally paired, again as a device and i think it didnt pair correctly. Again reset and paired again this time less than 1 ft away from the hub. It repaired as a previous device as well and popped up 2 more times as a new device? Totally confused here as what the issue is. Pairing on a c-5 with multiple zigbee wall plugs

Greetings murv82. Sorry to hear this trouble. Seems pairing is a bit tricky. I have several now. I noticed sometimes it would "pair" however not really be there or work. If you haven't already look into you device list for a new "generic" thing or device. It might be this wand. I found this, deleted this new "thing" and retried. It did the trick for me (a couple took more than once). Also, not sure if this had anything to do with it, but,,, on later attempts I would allow the Habitat inclusion timer to run completely down even if it paired right away. I made no changes and did not save the device until the timer expired. That seemed to help.
Good luck. Once paired I have enjoyed these. One single and three others working as a group.

yea im at my boiling point with the one that wont pair right. Did u pair it first then set the open close points or set those first then pair it? Bc i have been resetting it to get it to pair. And using the generic zigbee shade driver it reports opened and closed? The one that is working is only reporting opening and closing. It works but yea shouldnt it say opened or closed? Thanks

My blinds are 20 to 30 feet from the hub, and have a wall or two between them. I started by setting the open and closed points on the wand itself. Then, initiating pairing mode on the hub then activating the Wand pairing mode. I can't recall which driver it selected, however after the timer expired, I saved it as it was. Then, I went into the device list and changed the driver. I have the best success with either "generic zigbee bulb" and "Generic zigbee dimmer". The bulb is either all open (on) or all closed (off). The dimmer I can open at any percentage (80%, in this particular case) giving just the right view.

I also have Alexa and the command for her was "Alexa, open (close) the blinds" and it worked. perfectly.
I tried the "shade" driver but it didn't work as well for me.

I factory reset mine, then set open and close points on the wand. Then I paired them.

Should automatically get detected as generic Zigbee shade.

Then you get full open and close control and visibility, as well as 0-100 specific set points.

The Generic Shade Driver is absolutely the one you want to use.

Thanks you Shane. I see I misunderstood part of his question. I edited my previous post to reflect this clarification. Yes, set wand open close points on the unit first THEN pair to Habitat. Sorry, I was out chasing rabbits...
I thought (my mistake) he was trying to change these parameters within the "generic zigbee shade" driver. I originally used the generic bulb, as found the suggestion here. It worked perfectly. I changed to the generic shade driver however it never worked for me. it would open backward, if at all. and it didn't pair well with my group. I just couldn't get it to work. Originally, Alexa would open and close with the "bulb" but since I tried the shade driver that seems lost. Now I have to say on/off, not terrible but it is a bit disappointing. I have switched back to the bulb and dimmer which has worked much better for me.

Well i tried long enough for now. I left the first one alone seeing as it works with hubitat just never says opened and or closed, its always opening and or closing. The second one will only pair if it is right next to hub and only works right next to the hub. If i take it and put it on the blind its to control it doesnt respond. So im at a loss there. I just grouped them together. The working on will control it for now

Well scratch that idea, only the working one will work. looks as if the wands in twist group setting only works when u manually open or close the main one.