Control dashboard tile color from a rule

How can I control a dashboard tile color from a rule?

What exactly are you trying to control? Background of a tile, the icon... Etc and what type of device is this? Switch, button, bulb, image... Etc?

1 Like

The icon but background would be ok. It is a switch controlling a garage door. The garage door also has a reed switch contact to know when it is closed. Currently, I have two tiles, the switch that activates the door and an on/off tile that shows when the door is open or closed. I would like to combine them into one tile that activates the door and displays the door status.

This is likely more complex than you are looking for but Tile Builder is designed for integrating the state of multiple devices into a single tile. In the case you describe I think the Rooms module might be the best fit. Here is a motion sensor example showing both states:

You can do this with the standard Tile Builder.

To add control you must either add a Maker API link or layer a control on top of the tile. I do the latter and use a blue dotted square for that purpose.

Here a tile for my Front and Back doors to give me more and better status.
For this you would need Tile Builder Advanced.

For more information this is the main Tile Builder thread.

You can just put the switch tile on top of the status tile. Make the switch tile transparent.

2 Likes

OK, I got it! Thanks!