Contact sensors state not updating

This doesn't make any sense, is logging enabled for the child devices?

Yes, logging is on for the children. The parent is the only one that shows in the logs list of devices when I turn on it’s debug logging.

Can you do the following, exclude, then re-include the device.
Then please verify the following:

1. the driver that Hubitat assigns is: Fortrezz MIMO2+
  2. that the device list looks like the screen shot below
  3. that turning on and off each child switch toggles the mimo relays
  4. that jumpering sig1 and sig2 to ground changes the contact state in the child devices.

Will do. Please post the screen shot when you have a chance.

This might have to wait until the weekend before I have time but I will run though the steps as soon as possible. Thanks Mike.

dohhh...

Ok, I did the exclusion and re-inclusion. The device list looks correct, as it did before.

The driver is assigned as a Fortrezz MIMO2+ but it still does not report the contact input states. I can see the onboard contact indicator LEDs go on and off as I open and close the contacts.

I can not control the relays manually from the child devices or effect any change by 'jumping' the contacts to the relays. There is no indication that the 'jumping' is even taking effect.

This is all I see in the logs.

Not sure where to go from here. I also contacted Fortrez support and they of course say that if its registering the contact status on the device that it is unlikely there is a hardware issue. I'm also now a week outside my return window which is why I was a bit frustrated and wanted to get some follow up on this issue. I'm a bit loath to fork over another $80 for this device.

There is something wrong with the device if this doesn't work either...

1 Like

This assumes that the hub is properly communicating with the device doesn't it?

Well yes, perhaps I was remiss in assuming that we were beyond any mesh issues at this stage of the issue...

I've tried moving the hub within 10 feet of the device and doing a zwave repair to eliminate the possibility of a typical mesh issue.

This issue has come back in one of the recent hub updates. I think it was the one prior to the most recent or the most recent. I'm running 2.2.1.116.

I had since replaced the MIMO2+ and everything was working just fine but now following updating the hub I no longer seem to have a connection with either my MIMO Lite or my MIMO2+. The devices seem to still function on their own but there is no update of their status in the driver nor can I control the relays from the device page.

@mike.maxwell

@greg4's observations are recapitulated in this thread by @kitt001 - just wanted to bring it to your attention, if necessary:

2 Likes

Same Problem here