Contact sensors state not updating

Success! I got it to work after the hub update. I should note for others that it was not an immediate fix following the hub update though. At first it still did not report the contact state so I tried excluding the device and re-including it. That did not work either. What had to be done was to cycle through the contact states of the triggering device and trigger both open and closed. Once I did that it started reporting again.

Thanks again Mike!

Just setup a new Mimo2+ and I’m seeing the same issue. Don’t know if this problem is driver specific but my MIMOLite is still working. The Mimo2+ doesn’t report the contact states.

I am showing similar contact state issues with the Dome Mouser. Was not updating status even when it was triggering...could toggle it open and close with the power switch to get it to report after some fiddling but seems less reliable than before the updates. Could be coincidence? Is this something that needs to be looked at @mike.maxwell in the same vein as the mimolite and aeotec doorbell?

Is there a resolution to this yet? Support was supposed to be working on an update to resolve this.

Looks like the current hub update still does not resolve this. I’ve also not received and update on my support ticket.

can you tell me the specific preferences you're using?
using the default settings my contacts are updating correctly...

I just checked and everything is set with the default preferences.

The drivers does not show any status other than Tamper being clear.

Does the device have two child cevices?

Yes it does.

I just turned on the debug logging which showed in the logs and opened / closed one of the contacts. Nothing else showed in the logs so no indication in the contact change.

This doesn't make any sense, is logging enabled for the child devices?

Yes, logging is on for the children. The parent is the only one that shows in the logs list of devices when I turn on it’s debug logging.

Can you do the following, exclude, then re-include the device.
Then please verify the following:

1. the driver that Hubitat assigns is: Fortrezz MIMO2+
  2. that the device list looks like the screen shot below
  3. that turning on and off each child switch toggles the mimo relays
  4. that jumpering sig1 and sig2 to ground changes the contact state in the child devices.

Will do. Please post the screen shot when you have a chance.

This might have to wait until the weekend before I have time but I will run though the steps as soon as possible. Thanks Mike.

dohhh...

Ok, I did the exclusion and re-inclusion. The device list looks correct, as it did before.

The driver is assigned as a Fortrezz MIMO2+ but it still does not report the contact input states. I can see the onboard contact indicator LEDs go on and off as I open and close the contacts.

I can not control the relays manually from the child devices or effect any change by 'jumping' the contacts to the relays. There is no indication that the 'jumping' is even taking effect.

This is all I see in the logs.

Not sure where to go from here. I also contacted Fortrez support and they of course say that if its registering the contact status on the device that it is unlikely there is a hardware issue. I'm also now a week outside my return window which is why I was a bit frustrated and wanted to get some follow up on this issue. I'm a bit loath to fork over another $80 for this device.

There is something wrong with the device if this doesn't work either...

1 Like

This assumes that the hub is properly communicating with the device doesn't it?

Well yes, perhaps I was remiss in assuming that we were beyond any mesh issues at this stage of the issue...

I've tried moving the hub within 10 feet of the device and doing a zwave repair to eliminate the possibility of a typical mesh issue.