Constantly losing connection to my hub

I have tried the above suggestions - waiting to see if gopher.ny solution will work. Hasn't had enough time to see.

• I have used static IP addresses from the hub and router and used DHCP.

And what is your router brand/model?

Synology router RT2600ac with three AP (MR2200ac).

Maybe relevant?

It isn't enabled on my router - I have had other issues with it being enabled (so hasn't been running for quite sometime now).

You were using DHCP before hubs dropped off, right?
I can see Basement(new) in the support tool, and it responds to the tool's requests, so it is online. The other hub does not. If you restart it using the hidden reboot button, they will go into DHCP mode and should reconnect. Ping me when it's rebooted, and I can check for clues in the hub logs.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay -- have been at work all day/night (and looks like will have to be again today). Really hoping to have some time this Thursday/weekend.

I had to opportunity to reset the older basement hub...but now the basement (new) is offline.

Reset both hubs

Well...i pressed the rest button (for at least 10 seconds) on both and neither hub is back online.

So to be clear which of the above are your hubs plugged into? (I'm guessing to one or more of the MR2200ac's?)

1 Like

Had a great run - worked for just over a week without interruption. Once again - both are offline. No changes were made during that week - anywhere in the network or with Hubitat.

Any solution yet? I am having the same issue - hub drops from network every 3 to 4 days.

This isn't normal. Which model hubitat are you seeing this with, and what is the front LED color when this happens?

1 Like

Do you have an address reservation set in your router for Hubitat?

Have you tried rebooting the router and see if the hub "comes back"?

And did you try http://find.hubitat.com and see if the hub appears in that list?

1 Like

Was something changed in the latest Hubitat Elevation® Platform Version 2.2.9.1xx? My hub was dropping from my Asus router about once a week prior to upgrading to this release. After upgrading it hasn't dropped off at all. If you guys fixed something - thank you!

Nothing was changed that would affect networking. Make sure you have a reservation set up in your DHCP table and that you aren't using crappy cables.

1 Like

Same issue for me. Hub can’t be accessed or dashboard brought up. Light is green, pulling the power plug fixes it.

56 posts I don’t see a solution.

Have you done a backup to your pc, soft reset, restore from your pc? Also when this happens can you get to port 8081?

1 Like

Maybe because there isn't just one solution to this symptom?

How about starting with some basic information:

• C5 or C7 hub?
  • What hub firmware are you on?
  • Do your automations quit too (motion lighting, rules etc), or just dashboard and hub access doesn't work?
  • What internet router are you using, and what are the ethernet speed settings in Hubitat set to (Settings tab, networking) either Auto or 100M?
  • Did you try any of the advanced network settings like DHCP auto reconnect in that networking menu?
  • Can you get to the diagnostic tool (YourHubIP:8081) referred to by rlithgow1 above when this happens?
2 Likes