Connect and use Shelly Plus Wifi Devices

I am brand new to the C8 and Hubitat and I bought this device believing it would be easy to connect all types of devices. To date I have and am only using Shelly, Shelly Plus and Plus Ad-on Wifi relays and devices. I have looked at many of the community pages and cannot find out how to connect these. Can I please get some help.

Generic Gen2+ (Plus/Pro/Mini) driver can be found here Shelly Device Handlers for Hubitat - #555 by BrunoVoeten

It includes experimental support of the Shelly Add-on module (all inputs and sensors except voltage metering)

You will need to import/install the driver to you system.
Then you need to create virtual device and assign the driver to it.
Next step is to set Shelly IP in the device driver properties page.
After setting IP press 'Configure' button on the same page (the driver will issue query to get available device components and spawn child devices accordingly)

These steps are valid for any custom/community wi-fi driver.

If you have any difficulties or problems, you may describe your case in more details to get more precise answers)

Thanks for the information and all the work you guys do. I've been using the Shelly plus 1pm with the add-on to run my reptile enclosure. I have never had luck implementing these into systems like home automation or hubitat etc. I only have Shelly wifi items at the moment and I am wanting to begin implementing many more home automation devices.

Is adding devices in hubitat easier with ZigBee and Z-wave devices?

Also could it be provided or explained when I know that the device has been added and is running on hubitat?

I personally would say it is one step less. ZigBee/ZWave drivers have device type ID inside. And hub can select proper driver during inclusion process (instead of manually creating generic virtual device, assigning driver of choice and setting up corresponding IP)

I'm not sure I understand your question correctly.

• For ZigBee/ZWave the device instance presence means it's added.
  • To check if it's running you will have to check device logs and/or attributes (reported status fields) changes. In some cases devices may hang. So they are still present but without any reports (some times even causing ZigBee/ZWave network degradation)
  • For Wi-Fi devices as driver instance is spawned manually there is no direct link between the fact that device is added and driver instance presence.
  • Regarding if it is running once again you most probably will want to check logs and attributes. If driver implements some sort of automatic ping or periodic reports monitoring you likely will be able to see specially designated attribute regarding if device is 'online'