[COMING SOON] hubiVue native iOS/Android dashboard app

hubiVue comes with a dashboard and tile Wizards to help with the process. Hopefully you will find the editing interface easy to use and able to achieve tasks quickly - but no doubt we will need to add commonly needed features over time to make it truly useful for everyone.

2 Likes

I may not fully understand the question - are you asking if it will allow for a website to be loaded within the app that the user has defined? Yes that's easy and possible (and now on the list of coming-soon features). It would also depend on the interaction you are expecting from the hub and the tile that's displaying the website. Perhaps you can explain the example of why you need that feature.

Hello @gslender :slight_smile:
May I make a small suggestion?
One of the facets that I consider to be important in setting up a dashboard is: how long does it take to put together an "initial" dashboard. That initial dashboard doesn't have to be fancy, but it has to be quick to put together, and with some functiontionality.
In order to organize that "initial" dashboard, may I suggest to use the setup in Hubitat of "rooms"?
In other words, make a separate dashboard/folder of all devices put out by the Maker app, by room. This will allow a quick initial way of organizing all of the devices, according to the way that the user has organized them in Hubitat.

That's a good idea! We're not aware of MakerAPI exporting that information - so perhaps either you can show me where that's an option, or maybe ask the Hubitat developers to update MakerAPI to include that.

1 Like

Please see the following:

So here is Iframe. My thought process what to lets say link to a weathermap page showing Radar. Obviously on a small tile that's very hard to read. Tapping on the tile opens the page fully on the dashboard so you can see the whole graphic, tapping it again, returns to whatever the specified tile size was.

2 Likes

Will the app work to control devices via the internet when on the go?

Should be fairly easy to add/do... so yep I can see that being on the upcoming features list at some point.

1 Like

Yes. The app uses Maker API both locally (when connected to your LAN), and/or via the cloud/Internet and provides seamless connection to your hub to ensure the same dashboard experience is shown in your mobile, tablet or whatever device you are using hubiVue on

Does "Supports all iPhone®, iPad® and Android™ devices" include Amazon Fire tablets?

Initially you will need to side load install the app but eventually yes we will include Amazon AppStore as a place where the app is available

2 Likes

How are you doing the cloud based communication?

MakerAPI

Andy port redirection from a firewall is pretty much blocked to the hub I believe as of 2.2.9

Maker API does not require any specific firewall access to work - it offers both a local and cloud based access method as standard.

Trust me, the beta hubiVue app works fine and without any special support for firewalls or networking. If your hub can connect to the internet (for updates as example) then it will work externally and locally. The hubiVue app selects the appropriate method to connect and presents a working dashboard with status updates and control of the hub’s configured devices.

3 Likes

Maker API doesn't require port redirection or forwarding. It has both local and cloud endpoints (when configured for both).

3 Likes

:slight_smile: Just trying to get a feel for what I'm in for :stuck_out_tongue: I'm really looking forward to it! (I sent you all the info you requested and registered on the community)

1 Like

Yeah I only now just realized that. (Shows you how much I use it lol)

1 Like

All good. A perfectly valid question. Won’t be long now, we’re just tweaking a few last things.

3 Likes

Excited to try this out when it's released!