Cobra-Apps Website is now open

I did start to write some explanation, including that the site generates your initial password.
(so I couldn't possibly know any of your own) and that you should use a 'throw away' email address provided by many websites.
Also, my justification in hiding the contents until you have been accepted as a member.

Then I decided that I don't really need to explain or justify what I do here or on my website.
(Providing that I cause no harm to others - Which I hope is the case)

1 Like

I agree that clicking on random links from an unsolicited/unknown source, then creating an account with a reused password, would be a very bad idea in general.

Except thatβ€˜s not even remotely similar to this case...

2 Likes

@rsather

Ryan
The site probably automatically refused you because you have only been a member of this forum for a very short time.
If you register again I will override the defaults and manually authorise you membership.

Andy

Ah - ok just reapplied...thanks!

1 Like

Approved :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you have landed at that website, then you must have read the posts in the HE community as it isn't promoted elsewhere. We addressed password questions here, in the "official" opening post.

:+1:

1 Like

I pointed my brother to your website as he needs simple to use solutions. He was unable to register as he is not a member of this community and that seems to be a prerequisite. Unfortunate.

Can you let me know his username? Then ask him to register again?

I tried again to take a look at cobra-apps. Is there a community somewhere? Is hard to know what might be there. Genuinely interested.

The only thing I've been able to see is a registration page and a license agreement. (Typo in last paragraph).

Everything on the site is free
The only thing we ask is that you register for an account.
This is so we can decide who does or does not get access to my code.

Thanks for the heads up on the typo

Andy

But no one knows what is there?

This is what I advised my brother and he was unable.

By all means your choice. It does make it difficult for the casual user. Thanks for listening.

1 Like

True.
This is intentional.
A certain amount of trust is required.
Accounts can always be deleted if nothing of interest is found.

Did you give @Royski his proposed username so he could manually approve your brother?

We have some automated checks on the system but we are able to override them if we wish.

Indeed.

2 Likes

I did not, by the time I had a response my brother had moved on. Which I guess I will do as well. Thanks for your time.

I did reply to you the same day of your post.
Sorry we couldn't help.

1 Like

Hi @Cobra, I tried to register your website, and got the approval e-mail, but never received the registration e-mail for me to get the password. I did checked my spam folder as well.
Much appreciated if you can resend the e-mail?

Just use the 'reset password' link with your email and the system should send you a new one

Andy

Ah, thanks @Cobra! much appreciated

Hi @Cobra, I tried to register your website but never received the approval e-mail. I did checked my spam folder as well. I did receive the email acknowledging i did register with the credential details but not an approval. Can you let me know where we are at?
Much appreciated if you can send the e-mail?

Check your email :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks so much!!! :wink: