Cloud endpoints not working

I bought my hub a month ago, during the first 3 weeks it was rock solid, but in the last few days it has been offline twice and the only way to fix it is to power it down and up. My network has reported 100% availability for the last few weeks with no interruption. All other services have continued to work non stop. Any ideas what's happening?

I saw that also for the first time. I clicked on it and it took me to a registration screen, but I didn't go any further. My account is already a Hubitat account, so you may be on to something.

1 Like

I am having issues since the update yesterday morning.

Reboots didn’t work. Had to shutdown and unplug for 30 seconds and then boot. This is as per @bobbyD previous posts.

Gone down twice more since then.

1 Like

I was able to make this issue happen. I had to rearrange some plugs and unplugged the Hub briefly. When it came back up the cloud access was gone again. And the one way communciation from Alexa was out. It would communicate to Alexa, but not from. So the hub was definitely online, but something is messed up.

I know it wasn't a power outage that triggered the problem the last 2 nights. There was no sign of that. And everything is on a UPS.

A reboot fixed the problem again.

tagging @chuck.schwer

It says I need to migrate my account too, but I dont have a social media account linked with hubitat. I log in via email address, and my hub is shown there. Not sure what's going on. Maybe two bugs.

1 Like

Please disregard the footnote, is not applicable to your account or @mike 's account. Engineers are actively investigating an issue reported recently related to hubs that are unable to stay connected to the cloud.

3 Likes

Hopefully that also applies to mine. I login with email, PW. Not with social account.

Just logging another instance of the issue here. Local control wiring, but no Google control or SharpTools, or cloud dashboards in the app.
Reboot helped, and I did do the update yesterday.
Hoping we hear this is identified and fixed.
Thanks, team

2 Likes

Yes, if you are able to login into the portal, then it doesn't apply to you.

Along those lines, is it necessary to stay logged into the Portal? It appears I have never logged out since I originally set it up. Didn't know if it made any difference or not.

Doesn't make a difference, nor is it required to stay logged in. The portal is more or less used one time when you register and if you need to find your hub on your network, when the IP address changed and you don't have other means of identifying the new IP. Also, the advanced features may be useful if you lock yourself out of web interface and to add/remove/replace users.

Mine was up for an hour or so, but had dropped again. When I get home, I'll roll back, as advised by support.

Just as I reported in a previous post my connection to the cloud went down at 10:23 PM ET.

Well guess what? Yep! At 10:23 PM ET (just a few minutes ago) the same exact thing happened again. Hub appears to be working normally just no cloud connection.

Logging into the hub there is no indication in the message bubble there is any problem.

Mine was still up at 10 pm central time. But out again this morning. No way of knowing when it went out.

How did you know the exact time it went down?

Mine is also down again this am.

Thanks for your feedback. We identified this pattern and our engineers are investigating. As mentioned in the PM, please roll back to version 2.1.2, until a fix is available. @mike , @j715, @an39511. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

1 Like

Thank you. Will roll back now. Hadn't seen/received any mention of that previously. Thank you guys for being so attentive. :+1:

1 Like

I'm gonna take the chance and not roll back. I made quite a few rule changes that I don't want to lose. I will just keep tabs on my system and do reboots as needed.

Thanks to support for figureing it out. Look forward to the fix.

2 Likes

My cloud dashboards are down, but google is working just fine.
I'm still using an older version 2.1.0.120