Chromecast integration, Thanks HE Team!

What action would you want performed on the Chromecast when you do this? It doesn't support "playlist" functionality. The playlist is on the device that you are using to cast from.

The chrome cast api supports a media queue - is that what you mean by playlist?

Either way it is possible to skip to the next track for sure: Class: RemotePlayerController  |  Cast  |  Google Developers

Adding nextTrack() and previousTrack() would also bring the driver one step closer to supporting most of the Music Player capability.

As it stands now, the play() and pause() commands don't really seem to be tied to any capability - having them tied to a capability would make it easier and cleaner to expose them to apps in a meaningful way.

Attributes Device Music Player Mirrors
level :white_check_mark:* :white_check_mark: volume
mute :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:
trackData :white_check_mark:
trackDescription :white_check_mark:
Commands Device Music Player
mute :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:
nextTrack :white_check_mark:
pause :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:
play :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:
playText(text) :white_check_mark:* :white_check_mark: speak()
playTrack(trackuri) :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:
previousTrack() :white_check_mark:
restoreTrack(trackuri) :eight_spoked_asterisk: :white_check_mark: playTrack()
resumeTrack(trackuri) :eight_spoked_asterisk: :white_check_mark: playTrack()
setLevel(volumelevel) :white_check_mark:* :white_check_mark: setVolume()
setTrack(trackuri) :eight_spoked_asterisk: :white_check_mark: playTrack()
stop() :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:
unmute() :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:

:white_check_mark:* clear direct mappings to existing attributes/commands
:eight_spoked_asterisk: could use other commands as a proxy (eg. playTrack())

Just ordered my hubitat. I use tasker and ifttt mainly for my automation using Rf and ir hubs (broadlink) Touched on Home assistant for a while which showed promise but got a corrupt image and had problems connecting to it even after reinstalling and wasted lots of time... So here I am hoping to incorporate hubitat and my first lot of zwave/zigbee

So get to the point I hear you... I'm hoping to detect if a chromecast or a group is playing and then act on that (command one of my broadlink rm pro to change the receiver channel). Is it possible to detect the status of a chromecast in hubitat or is the compatibility more just for casting and controlling a chromecast?

I’m not sure exactly, but my Google Home devices using the inbuilt chromecast app/driver all show a ‘status’ of idle or running whether they are speaking or not.

They also have a ‘mediaSource’ attribute which shows as ‘Hubitat’ when I’m using them with TTS or None when silent
So I would think it would be easy to action on either of these two driver attributes.

Edit.
As I don’t use my GH devices for anything other than tts I can’t advise on what they show when playing music etc.

Andy

Oh sounds positive. I only ordered the hubitat today so I'll look into this when it arrives (I'm on Australia so it may be a while).

Is it possible to get the current playing song? useful in dashboards..