Chromecast integration, Thanks HE Team!

Just a tip....you have to set the parameter within the custom command. So, each volume level you want to set from RM is a separate custom command. You won't be able to set the parameter within the rule itself.
Another reason I have kept my Cast-Web-API integration. They are treated as dimmers there.

found that out. but I only use 4 different levels...and I'm trying to eliminate as many non native apps and drivers as possible. speeds up the calls to support. :slight_smile:

Plus 1 less thing to run on my raspi

Can someone point me on how to make a button for volume up and volume down that triggers when I push the Hue dimmer. I got it working with a rule in sharp tools but can’t seem to replicate that in hubitat hub.

You have to create a custom command with the command Volume Up and another with Volume Down. Then you could create a trigger or triggered rule for the button press to initiate the custom command.

I've had devices occasionally lose sync and disappear from the integration. Additionally if I try to re-add a specific speaker, it will sometimes lose a different speaker. I know we're still in beta here, but thought I'd mention the obvious.

@kilowatts Like Andy mentions here?

Wahey, I'll give that a whirl, thanks!

Do you have DHCP reservations in place for each of your Google Home devices? If their IP address changes, it causes issues until they are rediscovered.

I have DHCP in place per your recommendation. One GHM still drops out.

Oh you're right, I forgot to bind those devices! Betcha that's the issue right there.

Part of the issue, perhaps. One of mine still acted up.

DHCP or DHCP reservation?

Reservation

As of today, I'm having the longest good run yet on that problem speaker. It usually drops out in < 12 hours.

Well, I had something similar that one speaker stop announcing, was my wife cleaning disconnected it and reconnected it to the power....

I reserved IP addresses on every one of my GH minis when I first installed so that's not the problem with the drop off (for me at least)

Andy

So I had an issue over the past few days with a speaker group.
I don't have any logs to share like a dolt, but just polling the crowd to see if this has happened to anyone.

My speaker group just disappeared to Hubitat.
I wasn't able to find it with discovery.

I re-ran discovery and the group appeared again.
Now I had to re-link every Rule with that group.

Has anyone seen this before?
@Cobra would Speaker Central or something you have make it easy to recover from a failure like this in the future?

Feature request @Cobra can we get next and previous track as buttons in the chromecast device

You would only have to re-enter it in Speaker Central (not every app or rule)

I didn't create the driver
This should be directed to @mike.maxwell

But also note that this is a beta implementation - other options may make it into the final release