Cheap water valve actuator works fine with HE

#Aliexpress US $29.88 39%OFF | Electronic Tuya Smart WiFi Water Shut Off Zigbee Irrigation Controller Watering System Automatic Gas Valve SmartThings Control

When you add to the cart, you can select zigbee or wifi. It came in a box that said it was the wifi version, but it was in fact the zigbee version that I ordered.

I held down the power button to get it in pair mode, and HE discovered it right away. But, it didn't assign a driver to it. So I manually set it to Generic zigbee switch. It seems to work great, but I have not installed it yet.

I'll probably buy another for gas shutoff.

2 Likes

I've not installed an automated ball valve but my experience with manually operating them is that the longer you leave them in one position the happier they are to stay in that position and prefer not to move.

When you setup your rules you might want to "exercise" the valve periodically to be sure it hasn't settled into a position the actuator cannot change it from.

2 Likes

I bought the same thing like 4 months ago. It works great, hasn't fallen off and it does NOT repeat. I repeat it is not a repeater.(pun intended) So no worries about being a crappy or a xiaomi problematic repeater. Although being a reliable repeater would have been nice, but for 30 bucks it's a great deal without the repeater function.

1 Like

Do you know whether this would only work with rigid piping?? My main water line is somewhat flexible plastic so I'm not sure.