Cheap contact sensor

Have you checked out the Zooz ZEN16?

I have removed some smartthings outlets that are only used to improve the range or at Christmas
Removed 4 out of the 9 could remove another 3 really might get another one/two more sonoffs dongles one for the shed and one upstairs

1 Like

Why doesn't hubitat have the device route on the device page like Smartthings IDE
Such useful information to have

I know what you’re talking about, and It can be useful, but I think Zigbee devices usually have multiple routes they can use. You can watch Zigbee logs and see wild fluctuations in lqi and rssi that demonstrates this flexibility.

Thanks. I will check it out.

Do you have any hue dimmers connected to your hubitat, I tried before but they would use a battery a week and would drop off every few days might give it another go

my devices seem to be LQI 255 and RSSI between -55 and -81

That looks good.

I moved most of my Hue dimmers back to Hue a long time ago, but I do have one that I left connected to HE that’s sitting in a drawer and still works without disconnecting. FWIW, I’ve seen the same disconnection problems with them on the Hue bridge, but somehow they automagically reconnect to Hue. I might try them back on HE again since I added the repeaters. I haven’t been using most of them since I discovered the Aurora rotary dimmers. They stay connected without any issues to HE, and work so fast on Hue that people wouldn’t know they weren’t wired dimmers.

To be honest the hue dimmers are only used if automation fails which is rare
I have already used a 3rd party app to change light levels depending on the time of day
but it would be nice to press it to override automation for x amount of time etc and have more control using hubitat

I still haven't moved my zwave network from ST to hubitat have tried twice and it was terrible going to get these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Compatible-SmartThings-Philips-ZBBridge-Required/dp/B08S3FCGQ6/ref=sr_1_2?crid=26PJ7UFH8J8NP&keywords=ZBMINI&qid=1652199373&sprefix=zbmini%2Caps%2C258&sr=8-2&th=1 to replace some outside lights on zwave and slowing reduce the amount of zwave devices.
I have three yale locks which I would love to be able to convert to Zigbee but the module seems to be USA only or discontinued

1 Like

They say they’re Zigbee certified, so they should be good to go, and that’s a nice price.

Have you tried since the last z-wave firmware update? I don’t have a C-7, but apparently it made quite a difference for most people. I’m not a fan of z-wave, but most of my outdoor lights are on z-wave plus switches. That’s where they were relegated to once I discovered how much faster the Zigbee switches were. I can turn every light in my house (~100) on or off in less than a second.

can't remember the last time I tried, the hassle has put me off until I reduce the number of devices

• Aeon Key Fob (Will get rid has had a flat battery for years)
  • 9 of Aeon Multisensor 6 (Will be replaced with Hue Motion as I only need Temp, Motion, and Lux plus take 2 AAA batteries and not CR123a)
  • Fibaro Door/Window Sensor FGK-101 (Will get rid)
  • 2 of Yale 1 Conexis L1 x2 (Keep)
  • Yale Keyless Connected (Keep)
  • 2 of Fibaro Single Switch 2 FGS-213 (Replace with the sonoff ZBMINI)
  • Eurotronic Spirit TRV x 3 (Going to get rid no real use)
  • Aeon Siren x 2 (Keep)
  • 2 of Aeotec Range Extender 6 (Keep)
  • 2 of Aeotec Micro Switch G2 (Replace with the sonoff ZBMINI)
  • 5 of Aeon Smart Energy Switch 6 (gen5) (Keep)

So will go from 30 Z-Wave devices to 12 and could be 10 if I don't need the two range extenders

1 Like

These are nice and fast. Batteries last for years.

Already have 5 already which I got for around £27 each, they seem to have jumped to £40 now so waiting for a deal.

I think these have caused some people problems by being too chatty.

So I added an Aqara contact sensor to HA via ZHA/Conbee2.

It appears in HE and works fine, but I somehow ended up w/four child entries...

Two each for contact and temp.

• Door Sensor 1 from HA (binary_sensor.lumi_lumi_sensor_magnet_aq2_on_off)
  • LUMI lumi.sensor_magnet.aq2 f9545408 on_off (binary_sensor.lumi_lumi_sensor_magnet_aq2_f9545408_on_off)

Temp:

• Door Sensor 1 device_temperature (sensor.lumi_lumi_sensor_magnet_aq2_device_temperature)
  • LUMI lumi.sensor_magnet.aq2 f9545408 device_temperature (sensor.lumi_lumi_sensor_magnet_aq2_f9545408_device_temperature)

Only one of the contact children actually updates to show contact state (the one I renamed to Door Sensor 1 from HA). The other one "LUMI lumi.sensor_magnet.aq2 f9545408 on_of" shows closed no matter the actual state of the sensor.

The two temperature children report different temperatures - appears similar to the two contact children - one is active/reporting, the other stuck, maybe on the first reading the sensor ever took.

Door Sensor 1 device_temperature

LUMI lumi.sensor_magnet.aq2 f9545408 device_temperature:

Hav eyou seen this before going from HA to HE w/sensors?

The temps are useless. Not very accurate at all, so I just ignore those.

The names I believe is probably where you renamed them. I’m out but can show you later where I rename them in HA, or if you are using z2m, I now rename paired Zigbee devices there instead.

From the Devices list in HA, rename them here when using ZHA, not from the individual entities.

Your renamed entities will show up in HE without the extra entities if you do it as described above. Previous entities that were named "Spare sensor" are not there, just as it should be.

With z2m, use the pencil icon in the device list.

You can click this option if you want, but I think it's probably legacy. Doesn't matter if I switch it on or not. The entities are properly renamed regardless.

1 Like

Thanks!!

How do I update what shows up in HE from HA? Will it just update over time, or ?

Updated automatically for me. If you still have the old (no longer valid) entities in HA, then they will still show up in HE. Probably easiest to simply delete the device from HA and add it again. That should clear out the old entities.

This is something I particularly dislike about HA. The entities that get stuck and sometimes you cannot get rid of them. I really appreciate the efforts that have been made by some to clean up old entities, such as the way @jason0x43 does it with his excellent HE to HA integration when you re-configure. I wish this was a built-in capability of HA, but it's not so I'm very appreciative of his effort to make it simple.

1 Like

Thanks!

So remove from HA and should remove from HE, and if it doesn't just force-remove the children.

Hasn't updated - I'll wait a bit and then do the remove if their still there.