Changing Zigbee Channel

What channels are in use by your Zigbee radios?

Thanks Bobby, I'm working to add these repeaters next to the hubs hopefully tomorrow.
As for the Zigbee channel in use - its seems like 20 in the hub

1 Like

I may have missed it, but are you having issues with Zigbee mesh too? If so, what are the symptoms? I wouldn't change Zigbee channels if there is no specific reason, usually to get away from a Wi-Fi channel. If you have two hubs online, you may bump one of the hubs by one channel up or down to avoid interference between the hubs (if both picked up the same channel).

2 Likes

No issues with Zigbee devices so far, as far as I can tell, only Z-Wave

2 Likes

Then don’t mess with your zigbee radio channel until all your Zwave issues are resolved.

3 Likes

This hasn’t been my experience with changing the hub’s zigbee channel.

Some devices will eventually reconnect on their own, but pulling the battery or resetting the device can speed the process along.

“Deleting” the device, presumably from the Hubitat interface, would require re-doing any automations the devices were a part of.

That would require the most work of all the options and shouldn’t be necessary.

5 Likes

No you don't... Change channel, restart hub then wait for things to settle... Where did you get the impression you had to re pair on a channel change?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.