Chamberlain MyQ Garage Door Support [OUT OF DATE]

@alan564923

First off, welcome to Hubitat!

There may be more elegant solutions, but a simple way to achieve your goal is to create Alexa routines where the phrases "open garage door" and "close garage door" are mapped to the desired on and off states.

1 Like

Thanks. Let me give that a try.

I am having the same problem too. Is it resolved? If so, would you mind sharing the solution.

2 Likes

It worked! I created a Alexa Routine (Voice) called "Open Garage Door" this trips a Virtual Switch On (called Pod Bay Doors). This then runs a Rule called "Garage Door: Open" that checks the status, opens the door, waits 60 seconds and reports the status using "Echo Speaks". Closed is handled the same way, just reversed. You can skip the Virtual Switch and just turn the regular "Garage Door Opener" on and this will open the door, just don't know what the door opener will do if the door is already open or maybe moving.

Today I had a problem where the door had hit something and without the status check I would not have known.

Why do you need to adjust the volume (set to 6)?

Don't "need" to, want to.

Just uploaded in no tilt-sensor driver. Works great. Well done code. I wanted IFTTT integration simplified, so I created a IFTTT version of the driver. Modifications:

• Added capability switch (IFTTT only recognizes on/off, open/close, lock/unlock, I chose on/off for this link)
  • Added command "on" that when triggered (by IFTTT) changes state to "open"
  • Added command "off" that when triggered changes state to "closed"
  • Removed code that changed state to unknown 20 seconds after pressing closed.
  • Added single dashboard tile that is red when open, grey when closed, and yellow otherwise.
  • Other code clean-up for Hubitat specific elements (no tiles, etc.)

Next is add it to Alexa for open/close control.

Thanks for your great effort in making this work.

Dave

ST Transplant and am having an issue setting up MyQ on Hubitat.

I'm using what I believe is the latest App version, 3.1.0, hubitat-myq/myq-lite.groovy at master ยท dcmeglio/hubitat-myq ยท GitHub. However, the app is telling me there is a newer version, 3.1.1.

My Setup:
2 garage doors
2 door sensor
No buttons selected

Results in the below error:
Installation Details:
There was a problem updating devices:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'deviceNetworkId' on null object.
Line number: 668
Last successful step: Sensor Indexing

I am running into the same trouble as @tavediss and @SeattleSi:

I have copied the code from this Github page, pasted it into Hubitat as a new app, saved the app, and installed the app. I then click on the app from the Apps list, provide my login details, include a device, include a contact sensor, and then I hit the error message:

Installation Details:

There was a problem updating devices:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'deviceNetworkId' on null object.
Line number: 668
Last successful step: Sensor Indexing

If you'd like to see what I see, here's a short screencast: Screen Recording 2019-12-20 at 16.46.mov

How were other people able to navigate past this issue?

Ah, okay. I figured out what's going on. We're missing the driver.

Comment #333 is the comment which should replace the original post that started this thread as it contains all the instructions users need.

@tavediss and @SeattleSi: If you two install the driver as well as the app, you should have no trouble getting your MyQ garages to work with Hubitat.

@CMagnuson Thanks so much, that fixed it!

What is funny is that my ST setup of this was recently having issues.

Happy Holidays!

Slightly related - I've been using the '828LM LiftMaster Internet Gateway', connected to my LAN for Wink with the MyQ app for a while and I'm just migrating to Hubitat (ST multi-sensors on their way!!).
Is there any reason at all to upgrade to the newer 'MYQ-G0301 smart hub'? Other than it being connected via wireless etc. I'm guessing if I can authenticate to MyQ with the 828LM, it will work just fine with the new Hubitat setup , right?

It should. I have a much older MyQ compatible opener and it works fine.

Perfect - thanks. Just reading through the 400+ posts trying to get up to speed.

Quick clarification on the ST multi-sensor (should arrive and I'll install tomorrow) - can I use it as an open/close AND tilt sensor at the same time? Or should I just stick with one or the other.

The sensor I use can also function as a contact sensor or a tilt sensor. I use it as a contact sensor only.

1 Like

I use the St multisensor for my garage door and they advise for tilt function on garage doors, remove the magnet piece and just use the portion with the battery on the door with open end facing to the right. Has worked very well with battery life around 8 months.

1 Like

I installed the app and devices, I get the following error when trying to log in: Unexpected Error

An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check Logs for more information.

Error: Bad Request

From the log: groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Bad Request on line 922 (prefListDevices)

Are you using the code from GitHub - dcmeglio/hubitat-myq: Integrate SmartThings with MyQ

As a note to everyone, I just synchronized this with the 3.1.1 version from ST. This adds battery monitoring for those garage door openers with a battery. Brbeairds server is currently throwing an error so you may get an error during the update check code. I'm probably going to remove that code anyway when I have time since knowing there is an updated ST version isn't too useful.

2 Likes

I was not using the code from there. I now have it working. Thank You

1 Like