Chamberlain MyQ Garage Door Support [OUT OF DATE]

You can create a scene that opens and closes the door via Alexa.

Alexa, close garage (this hubitat scene is closing the door switch)
Alexa says, closing the garage door.

Alexa, open garage (this hubitat scene is opening the door switch)
Alexa says, opening the garage door.

1 Like

Hi All, recent wink convert and so far everything has gone flawlessly. I have myq lite installed with a liftmaster and a ST multipurpose v5 sensor. I think I have read all 400+ messages here and don't see my problem. I have the sensor set to "Do you want to use this sensor on a garage door? " My door: is always listed as "opening" or "closing" until I manually set it to open or close. At that point I can control it from the dashboard. the door sensor: always reads as " doorSensor : Garage Door Sensor is null" so until I manually set the door to open or closed I can't do anything from my dashboard tile. So it doesn't appear to be reading the sensor. I have removed both the sensor and garage door device half a dozen times and then rerun the myq Lite app.
The sensor does show "active" or "inactive" when there is or isn't motion.
I can also open or close the door from the Garage Door device.
What am I missing?
Thanks
Chris

When you say manually set it or you using open or close from the virtual device or the wall switch?

Does the sensor look like this?

Do your MyQ Garage Door virtual device look like this?

I am setting it manually by typing open or close in the Update Device Status field of the virtual Garage Door device.
My ST sensor looks like yours other than I do not have a contact: field.

The virtual Garage Door is also like yours except the doorSensor: always says "Garage Door Sensor" is null. Obviously the Garage Door Sensor is my ST tilt sensor.

Here is the log from running through the MyQ app.

Thank You!

Ok, well all is working now. I had read another thread where because two device names were close to the same they were having issues. I tried changing my Garage Door Sensor name to Garage tilt Sensor. When I hit save, the "contact: closed" line showed up, but the name didn't change, it stayed as "Garage Door Sensor". I then hit the garage door tile in my dashboard and the doorSensor: line changed to "Garage Door Sensor is open".
Anyway It is all working now.

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for sharing the picture :slight_smile:

error using the latest nosensor device.
Worked prior to the MYQ update. Installed latest Myq app and nosensor device, successfully set device id into driver. Garage door functions normally with Android MyQ phone app.

When clicking on Device's Close or Open the following error is thrown. (ignore dev 136 it's extraneous)

app 1378 corresponds to Myq App V3.1.0 (1160 is the apiPut code)

// Send command to start or stop
def sendCommand(myQDeviceId, command) {
	state.lastCommandSent = now()
    apiPut("/api/v5.1/Accounts/${state.session.accountId}/Devices/${myQDeviceId}/actions", "{\"action_type\":\"${command}\"}", "${state.data[myQDeviceId].name}(${command})")
    return true
}

Thanks to all who worked through this. This is awesome. I can officially confirm the no sensor version works now. (Yeah, I'm too cheap to buy the sensor for all 3 doors. Still working through other higher priority smart things.)

I know I'm a little late to the party and didn't read every post from dman's to the bottom, but awesome to have this working again.

I'm very new to HE but not smart home tech. I'm also getting the following error using the latest MyQ app code linked in this thread:

There was a problem updating devices:

• java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'deviceNetworkId' on null object.*
    Line number: 668
    Last successful step: Sensor Indexing

I've read every post about the MyQ App and the suggestions, tried every combination of initial set-up options and virtual and physical sensors. Does anybody have a (proven) solution to resolve the above error?

Thanks in advance.

I’m having a bit of trouble in the final steps of this. I’ve got the device and app installed using the code previously linked to in this thread and I can open and close my two garage doors via the device but when I create a dashboard tile it does nothing. I’ve used the Garage Control tile and obviously selected the correct device. I get the pop up asking if I sure, I click ok and nothing. Anyone have an idea what I’m missing?

Thx in advance!
Greg

Hi folks,

Back for more after successfully integrating Wink Relay.
I got the APP code and DRIVER code installed.

When I go to add an APP, I put in my credentials and get this:

MyQ
Unexpected Error
An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check Logs for more information.
Error: Bad Request

When I check the logs I see this:

app:1312019-11-25 11:55:51.735 am errorgroovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Bad Request on line 922 (prefListDevices)

Any ideas?

I don't see any code at line 922. What version of the app do you have? I think that the following is current:
String appVersion() { return "3.1.0" }
String appModified() { return "2019-10-18"}

I get the same thing.

groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Bad Request on line 922 (prefListDevices)

This only started recently and the nothing seems to have been updated in 8 months with the app.

Edit: Looks like a new project has started up

Yes, you want to use the latest myq-lite app. It was mentioned back on post 346 but I know this thread has dragged on for a while and it's hard to keep track of things. Good luck, this app has been working will for me.

1 Like
  • Last Updated : 04/08/2019
  • SmartApp version: 3.0.2
  • Door device version: 2.2.5
  • Door-no-sensor device version: 1.1.9
  • Light device version: not provided/tested.

How do I get that one?

Do I add both of the groovy files individually as DRIVERS?

FYI, I tried this one with all items added and its seemed to work.

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but thank you.

I will test it out when I catch a break from Thanksgiving craziness.

Happy Thanksgiving to Hubitat community.

I am thankful to have found you.

Presumably you added one of the files as an app and one as a driver. Glad to hear it seems to be working. One of the great things about Hubitat is this community - people are always happy to help. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

To be clear, I only provided links to the driver and app ported by @dman2306. He's the one to thank!

1 Like

I have the MyQ Lite application working with my garage door, but when I ask Alexa to "Open Garage Door", it says that "Garage Door Doesn't support that", but if I ask Alexa to "Turn On Garage Door", it opens the garage.

How can I get Alexa to use the word "Open" instead of On and Close instead of Off?

Garage door is type "MyQ Garage Door Opener". I've also tried a Virtual Garage Controller and it wants "On/Off" also.

Thanks for your hard work on this,
Alan