Cartoons (& Memes & Weird Funny Stuff) of Hubitat

1 Like

Here's mine...

4 Likes

Though I started out ahead, in the end my wife out-earned me. Pretty happy about that, actually. :smiley:

3 Likes

I wish... my wife doesn't work. She does manage to spend about 8k a month though.

1 Like

My wife only works 15 hours a week so I out earn her by a huge amount. That said she’s insanely busy looking after our 2 autistic children, taking them to therapy etc, so I can’t complain.

8 Likes

To each their own, @lewis.heidrick. My brother's wife the same, never worked, personal preference.

Mine never even considered not working...partly her nature, partly life growing up as an immigrant family in the 60's. She slept on a cot in the kitchen, brothers on a hide-a-bed in the main room, parents and other daughter in bedroom. All of them went through graduate school - one is a Civil Engineer, one a CFO of a private company, my wife is a Director, and her younger sister a co-owner of successful company.

I got a winner. :slight_smile: (Oops...and I don't just mean career-wise. I also love her for herself.) :wink:

4 Likes

At least she calmed down some from back in March and February...

Nice, my wife works to maintain touch with other adults and keep sane. :grinning:

1 Like

@dJOS - I have a good friend w/one autistic kid, and I can't imagine what it's like raising two. Lucky you guys can afford for her to dedicate so much time to them.

1 Like

My son is the difficult one, my daughter is great now at age 9, but therapy from age 2 will do that I guess. :laughing:

She’s really smart thankfully and high functioning, she’ll go far I think.

2 Likes

My yougest twin kids are always trying to find new ways to hurt themselves.

I cannot understand how anyone could spend that much in a month...you must have a very large storage facility full of "stuff." :smiley: [eek!]

Or is it a lot of small, sparkly things? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I dunno where it goes. We don't ever go anywhere.

Wait...I think I did see her in a recent "Today Show" episode on the Seine in Paris...

1 Like

@lewis.heidrick wow, I occasionally tease my wife about her expensive tastes and quote "Most powerful money reducing agent known to man" from the chemical properties of women to her, but f'k I'd be broke if she spent that much money! :scream:

Actually to be fair, my wife is actually pretty good at managing money - she manages ~40k p/a of funding for our kids therapy etc through our national insurance scheme really well and to our advantage (she's devious AF). :smiley:

2 Likes

Truth.

Also we had no intention of home schooling our twins, so that’s been a super fun addition to our schedule this year as well :roll_eyes:.

2 Likes

CFo4WEjXIAAQqnE

It`s directed at fans of vinyl, but is equally valid for home automation (just joking!)

Tim

6 Likes

My nephew is too, the amount of energy that little guy has is unbelievable. And the amount of energy his parents have to have to cope is also the same. Hats off with 2! Wow I bet they are a handful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, they are hard work and exhausting!

1 Like

I still write with a fountain pen and wear a mechanical wrist watch. I've thought about an Apple watch for years but just refuse to take off "old faithful" even though it's really not all that accurate and requires expensive visits to the watch maker every couple of years.

I can always tell a sharp shop attendant because they will comment on the pen as I sign a credit card receipt. Some say "wow cool pen" and some say "wow what's that?" The unobservant ones don't notice until they pick up the receipt and the ink bleeds all over their fingers :slight_smile:

1 Like