Cartoons (& Memes & Weird Funny Stuff) of Hubitat

Very impressive!

You need to be careful about having your p0rn visible when you take pictures like this.

1 Like

I am referring, of course, to Hubitat p0rn.

3 Likes

:rofl: hehe, I did wonder what you were referring too! :rofl:

2 Likes

5 meg MFM drive

4 Likes

Nice, beats my 20MB SCSI drive from my Mac SE handily!

1 Like

SCSI was a superior interface and the motors didn't stop when you breathed wrong like mfm/rll drives :joy:

3 Likes

True, and they didn’t waste valuable CPU cycles reading and writing data.

However, they were extremely expensive.

And don't forget the terminating resistors. Where do they belong, beginning of cable, end of cable? And why did they leave the resistors on the main board of the SCSI drives also. If you read IBM's documentation at the end, Apple's documentation, wherever in the chain when the drives became stable.

1 Like

You guys were lucky (and rich from my perspective)...I did not have the cash for SCSI in my youth. Jealous!!

3 Likes

Reel to Reel FTW! Almost took a job with the NSA as a "tape ape".. a million years ago.

1 Like

I was an “Operator” at my university - I would add/change the backup reals, clean the reader, start the backup process, etc. They bought a tape driver a few years after.

2 Likes

I still have my Hayes Smartmodem 1200. You should see how long it takes me to watch something on Netflix at 1200 baud. Oops, gotta go. Mom needs to use the phone.

+++ATH0 ;kl30j()*&;jlkn02;lkN0)(#JFj;ldi NO CARRIER

9 Likes

Dang it. I could have won this contest if only I hadn't thrown away that 300 baud acoustic coupler.

5 Likes

Any Zyxel in the house?! :slight_smile: Loved my Zyxel...

I actually had one of these

3 Likes

I had this exact joystick on my Atari 8-bit computer. Was my favorite. Very well made.

2 Likes

It also looks to be a little crushed..

Notching a 5 1/4 floppy so you could use the other side

Loading a program from tape before supper, and it might be loaded when the dishes were done.

Typing in programs from a magazine.

Was given an old Tandy professional computer system from a dentist’s office. The external hard drive was a whopping 5 megs and was about the size of a large pizza box but 3 times thicker.
In the front was a big red toggle switch for power. When it was turned on it sounded like a vacuum cleaner.

6 Likes

And you try tell the young people of today that, they won't believe you. :wink: We have become them...

5 Likes

Dropping a stack of punch cards on the way to the reader, after you spent a week typing them. And then after finally sorting them back into the correct order, finding you’ll have to wait 2 days for your go on the shared computer to actually run your programme

2 Likes