Cartoons (& Memes & Weird Funny Stuff) of Hubitat

Boy do I remember those days and back then you had hard drive types like type 47 or you had to manually enter the sectors..........

4 Likes

and if you accidentally put an RLL formatted drive onto a standard MFM controller, you lost everything! :scream:

4 Likes

yup

1 Like

1iai1g
:wink:

5 Likes

4 Likes

:smiley:

1 Like

You know you are getting old when "young ppl's" memes don't actually show what you consider old PC tech! :man_facepalming:

a6qBVxm_460s

That was just the 3rd keyboard and mouse standard I used! (XT & AT keyboards / Proprietary & Serial Mice).

4 Likes

You're a youngin'

Try

7 Likes

Which one is that? Looks familiar?

I figure I prolly used some others, but my memory sucks.

5 pin din keyboard connector

1 Like

You had me confused for a minute there, that's a PC/XT connector. AT used the same one but with different signalling (hence the XT/AT switch on the bottom of many old PC keyboards).

1 Like

images

1 Like

That reminds me, I also used some early Mac's with the RJ10 phone jack style keyboard connector too. That was replaced with ADB iirc.

Nice, I did use terminals back in the 80's (very common in local libraries), but I dont recall what sort of keyboard connectors they used.

EDIT: might have even been these ones from Wyse.

1 Like

We still have one of those old RLL/MFM drives.

Bloody thing is massive for only something like 20 MB in size

2 Likes

I still have a working 40MB SCSI drive from my Mac SE sitting on my shelf - I think that's the smallest in my collection. I replaced it with a BlueSCSI SD card solution.

Wish I'd kept the 10MB HDD from my first computer in 1985...got the computer from a local IMB clone company. IIRC it cost me about $1,000. So exciting...started a life-long fascination w/geeky stuff. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And now back to our regular programming…

IMG_0162

4 Likes

5 Likes