Cars of Hubitat

A 1972 GMC Jimmy. Stock, restored it in 2017 - finished in 2019. Bone stock with the exception of the seating material and the center console + radio. I went with the Tesla style ultra leather instead of vinyl for the bucket seats. Center console was beyond repair so an aftermarket was used, clad it in ultraleather and moved the badges over. And a retrosound bluetooth radio. Otherwise its bone stock, i reproduced every decal on it. Full frame off restoration.

I got this toy brand new in 2000. I had to go live overseas several years in the mid 2000 and again 2007 to 2013. I only have 7,000 miles on it. Smooth air intakes, new shifter, new exhaust (borla) to get rid of the V10 drone. New brakes (the 170MPH to zero brake burned the discs). I have the porsche air cool diverters but haven't put them on yet. New speakers and stereo (Hertz ESK in doors, low profile subs under seats, alpine head unit).

A couple of motorcycles. From right to left. A 2016 KLR 650 dual sport. Mostly stock.
A 1957 BSA 250CC (my fathers motorcycle). Going to renovate it.
A 1942 GM Electric Motorcycle. Made in a GM Europe Factory during the war. Engine on top of the front wheel. Used as an urban goods transporter in the cities.
A

Can I please come live in your garage?

:wink:

1924 McFarlan Single Valve Six - Custom Cabriolet / Touring model. One of < 25 McFarlans known to exist. This one, afaik, is one of two Single Valve Sixes.

Aside: I've messed with Big Healeys and MG TDs off & on since 1966. Museum grade cars like the McFarlan are something of a pain because there is no way to peg values as none are traded anywhere.

And such a pain when you take them to EconoLube and they can't figure out where to put the oil. :wink:

Damn! I've gotta say I never saw this coming (at least not so soon) and it looks amazing! I'll never buy one but it's seriously epic imo!

#InstantFanBoi

pretty sweet.. price?

apparently it "starts" at $150k USD.

LOL. Will pass at that price. I'm not saying I wouldn't spend that on a vehicle, but it wouldn't be that one.

Neat looking, though.

:flushed:

i thought 62 k before the 11k rebate of my mod 3 was bad

Well, motor1.com thinks it will be a little more affordable than that:
Of note, the Hummer EV will have a base price of USD $79,995 (due Spring 2024) while the Edition 1 version, which is the first Hummer EV up for grabs, can be had for $112,595

We'll see....

Im not an off-road guy, so I'll be admiring it from a distance. :smiley:

I'd guess 80% or more of off-road-capable vehicles never leave paved roads in the USA... :wink:

It might be very different in Australia...

Nope, it’s the same here.

or in the u.p. of mich.

Excuse the mismatched rim as I had the spare on, but this is my daily driver. No joke. Nothing new hidden in the garage. And yes I drive it around Phoenix in 115 degrees with no air conditioning. Straight six with a 3 speed on the floor. 65 F100

I love it when folks are actually driving their classic cars/trucks. Props to you. Looks great even w/the rim mismatch. :slight_smile:

I have to disagree. It's massive but looks real sissy to me. It's lost all the angular aggression of a proper Hummer. I like the tech on it, and love the removable roof sections. I just don't like the styling. Way too fussy and the DNA is heavily diluted to my eye.

I'm saying I would never never never never spend that on a vehicle.

[Leans over towards wife] "Did I say that right, honey?"

Always disliked Hummers...unless you drove one in the service and wanted one for personal use it just seemed like a complete poser vehicle, and a completely silly vehicle for daily use getting groceries and dropping kids off at school (which I actually have seen in my area). Yuk...

I know it's only my opinion, but I feel it so strongly that I think everyone else in the world should have to agree. :wink:

I've driven them, and liked them. Just a giant hunk of vehicle. That said, I didn't like it enough to buy one.

Hummers make a lot more sense to me than the 100+ people I work with that drive F350 trucks in an urban area and have basically never put anything in the bed of it other than a suitcase... Oh, and with extended front bumper and winch they have never used to make it even LONGER and stick out EVEN MORE in the aisles of the parking garage...

But, you know... Texas. :wink: