Cars of Hubitat

When I was driving down to Santa Barbara last year, I was cruising along at 90mph in the rental Charger RT when a Prius Prime went flying past! He was doing about 100mph because I decided to follow him as I figured If there where cops about, they’d nab him as he was in front. :laughing:

I had no idea a Prius could go that fast!

A couple of mine, there are many more bikes and a land rover in the stable as well but these are probably my favourites.

Very, very modified 1991 ZZR1100C. I like my vehicles to be scruffy, mostly because it amuses me to surprise people.

This costs nothing to run and can actually haul a surprising amount of stuff around, its relatively stock apart from an upgraded drivers seat and stereo. I'll put a large bike engine into it one day, purely because taking off from the lights on the back wheels would be worth the hassle. Until then it's a good little "sensible" vehicle.

7 Likes

Yeah, what the heck? Three-wheeler.

A lot of nice rides around here, very impressive. This is my mid-life crisis snake in the driveway. Last year with 3 pedals, gotta have a stick! integrated with Alexa and Alexa to Hubitat so it's a Hubitat-in-law. :smiley:

Oh, and if I don't need to get anywhere in a hurry; for the math inclined ((Shelby HP) * 10%) = ...

8 Likes

Yup. '92 plate, Reliant Robin MK.II. One of the last to come off the Tamworth production line before it got sold out.

For all the bad press they get I've found them to be great little cars, simple to fix and pretty reliable for the most part. Not to mention it'll make even the most diehard petrol snob grin like a child when they actually drive it. They're harder to roll than you might think with the standard engine, all the weight is in the ladder chassis (fiberglass body) so it feels like a slightly odd go cart and doesn't really have the power to tip it over unless you're exceptionally stupid.

5 Likes

I'm certainly not a "petrol-head". We got our first BEV in 2014, went fully electric in 2018 and just recently we've crossed 100,000 electric-powered miles. My wife likes red; that's hers on the left.

2 Likes

I didn't realize I was in a community full of rich people. No wonder I don't fit in lol. :wink:

6 Likes

I would, but... It isn't funny, and your Prius is punishment enough for you. :wink:

12 Likes

Well we prolly would be rich if we didn’t spend all our money on cars and zwave devices. :rofl:

7 Likes

LOL!!! When my wife wanted a swimming pool at our new house I told her no - too expensive.

She then proceeded to add up what I've spent on cars over the last 20 years (although it isn't fair to just add up the purchase cost, as I did sell a number of them and recouped some value....).

Yada yada yada. We have now had a pool for 2.5 years.

7 Likes

Ya thats nothing. Here is.one of the funniest scenes I've ever seen. Trip to lake superior . He got too close to.mouth of river . They all bailed. Sadly it never ran right after that.

1 Like

Not just a three-wheeler, but also the holder of the official record for the largest non-commercial rocket ever launched from Europe! Didn't get quite as far as Elon Musk's Tesla Roadster on the first Falcon Heavy...but they did launch the Reliant Robin first.....

8 Likes

Mine was a cool metallic blue.

But I do own a spring compressor somewhere. Luckily, the car I work on has coilovers, so less risk of putting an eye out from a McPherson strut!

Besides coil over springs .... never fff with garage door springs. Many a person has been decapitated from those letting Loose.

I drive a Prius clone (Ford C-Max Hybrid). Literally Ford bought the hybrid drivetrain from the same company as Toyota.

2 Likes

Much nicer than Del Boy's!

1 Like

I don't drive much (BTW its not broken, putting a hitch on it. )

Never been much of a car guy, but love my Genesis G80.

2 Likes

Ooh, that stinks. Yeah, my Jeep never stalled, fortunately, so I pulled it out and kept going. Just had to pull out the carpets and hose it out when I got home.

You definitely win :grin:
Fabulous car (& house).