Can't pair any Zigbee devices on C-8

I reduced the power to 8 (no change to channel), powered off Hue bridge and no pairing for Hue Dimmers or Tradfri plug.
Next (with power still = 8 and Hue still off) changed channel to 25. I get the "Updating Zigbee channel/power level" confirmation but on the original screen it still shows channel = 11. Status = INITIALISING (how long should that typically take to update?). Zigbee logs are completely empty.

you may need to refresh the page, but it shouldn't be more than 5 or 10 seconds for the change
the zigbee logs will be empty since you don't have any zigbee devices

1 Like

Still INITIALISING after many minutes. OK re. logs.

please reboot, also you already verified that your wifi isn't interfering with your hub correct?

Will reboot. Re. Wi-Fi I do have (and need) both 2.4 & 5 GHz. My nearest AP is about 3 meters from the C8. FYI, I have had no issues with my Philips Hue bridge/devices in the same environment.

I will check my 2.4GHz Wi-Fi (Unifi) channel usage and also disable it temporarily when I'm able to (likely tomorrow) to eliminate that as a cause though.

1 Like

Still stuck at INITIALISING after the reboot it seems....
Channel is still showing as 11 (even though I changed it to 25). Power is at 8 (so that setting was 'taken').

For 2.4GHz WiFi, the best practice to avoid interference issues with Zigbee is to only use 2.4GHz WiFi channels 1, 6, and/or 11. Make sure to only use a 20MHz channel width as well. Once that is taken care of, only use Zigbee channels 15, 20, and 25.

2 Likes

Also note that from what I've read, 26 may not be fully supported by older devices, and it uses a government mandated lower power. So not recommended to use, even though it's in a non-interfering range.

1 Like

Huh, can you PM me your hub ID so I can have a look at your engineering logs?

@NotBernard65 - In case you haven't seen it before, you'll find your hub UID under Settings>Hub Details:

1 Like

From what I've seen, if you use 'Rebuild network' all (including pairing) goes well until you next reboot the hub. There is however a buggy side effect (which apparently no one has reported or reproduced except me.... @bobbyd was said he was going to try but hasn't reported his results).

Upon rebooting the hub after having done 'Rebuild', links to neighbor repeaters (I've tried this with one and two repeaters) no longer function (hence you lose connectivity to any device that isn't a directly connected end device of the C-8). You can fix this in one of the following ways:

• Rebooting the hub again
  • Rebooting the Zigbee radio
  • doing nothing but wait for 40-90 minutes.
3 Likes

Done

Tip on channel 26 helped me make some progress. I can at least now pair the Sengled bulbs I have. I can't control them, but it is something...

1 Like

@mike.maxwell following on from our conversation via DM to help me with my issue I raised a return of my C-8. This was way back on the 6th of April, I got an initial reply saying ā€œThe issue you reported has been referred to our engineering team and we will reach out to you if additional details about this incident are neededā€. I replied (mentioning yourself) explaining that this had already been doneā€¦.. No reply from them since.

Whilst I canā€™t complain re. the support on this forum (both from Hubitat and the wider community) the wider customer service is very poor. Iā€™ve had this unit for weeks now and itā€™s never worked properly.

All I want is a working replacement please, which I donā€™t think is an unreasonable request?

1 Like

go to Warranty ā€“ Hubitat Support

Thatā€™s exactly what I did. They responded with the reply as per my last post. I replied back and then nothingā€¦ā€¦ :frowning:

@bobbyD

Please check your email, your case has been processed.

3 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.