Can't Delete Ghost Device

I have a melted node that is on the coffee table (not powered up) and I can not remove it with any of my UZB sticks. The z-sticks actually lock up on solid blue light on the stick. I have added and remove several other nodes after running into this problem and the stick work fine with them.

So bugs are like quantum particles????

2 Likes

Sooooo, its Hubitat that is the problem for not instantly implementing the revised SDK? :wink:

I do hope that the next release of Hubitat contains this revised SDK... before I have another ghost device.

@bcopeland, is this revised database type likely to result in fewer problems (database corruption) with unexpected power outages?

I didn't miss the "/s", Sorry, but I didn't know what it means.

That the preceding sentence was written in sarcasm

1 Like

Not exactly.. Great care had to go into this database update of live hubs everywhere.. Then there was also the debate on how prevalent the issue was in the wild.. 2.2.7 gave us an idea of how many people were affected with the additional remove device logging we added.. 2.2.8 became a staging release to test the update process on a wider audience..

Major changes like this have to be cautiously planned out.

It’s quite possible.. But I have seen the corruption on hubs that have never been off of UPS power too.

1 Like

Much better to proceed with caution when looking at something like this, as doing it wrong could mean losing your zwave table. Keep up the good work!

6 Likes

I assume this is something that will be in the release notes when it goes live, whether it's 2.2.9 or 2.2.10 or whatever? I just ordered a C7 to upgrade to, but don't want to start until this goes live. I'm not in any hurry tp upgrade atm.

You can install the new SDK on 2.2.8, in fact I recommend it, especially doing a new install

1 Like

Oh... ok. My C7 is supposed to arrive today so I'll check that out later. So the SDK can be updated separately from the HE firmware?

And also SiLabs....

7.14.1 is ready to go for zwave 700!!! have fun kids!

What, it's broken? OK Try 7.14.2... No? ... Ok, 7.14.3... No?

Screw it, we have to get Zwave LR moving along... Try 7.15.1 - we even replaced the database in it! No? ok .2 then... No? .3 (scratch that, .3 doesn't work at all, we're pulling it)... But 7.15.4 will fix it all!

Oh, and while we're at it... Give 7.16.0 a try now that we think we know how we want Zwave LR to work. Oh wait, never use a .0 release... So maybe next month we'll have 7.16.1?

That's right folks - SEVEN versions in 12 months (not counting the pulled 7.15.3 release, or ANY of the 7.13 releases, which is up to 7.13.10 now) - at least 4 of which were just bug fix releases. Yuck.

:wink:

On a more serious note, I have paired about 30 devices on the newer SDK version, and intentionally screwed up the pairing a few times and had the devices not cooperating a few times. I haven't had to break out the usb stick to remove any devices yet. So that's encouraging. Had to reboot the hub a few times, and try multiple times to get some removed, but never had to get the stick out.

Going from 7.14.1 to 7.15.4 is a pretty big jump, so will hopefully fix a lot of issues for people (and not cause any new ones :slight_smile: ). :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

I feel like I'm hijacking OP's post a bit... but, My C7 was delivered like 20 minutes ago. I updated it to 2.2.8.156 but I do not see anywhere to see the SDK version or update it. I've looked through every setting and don't see anything at all.

It's a manual update on 2.2.8.. I'll PM how to do it..

Nice.. Progress

1 Like

I think so! Had probably a dozen of "not fully completed" pairings that required using "discover" after a hub reboot, and a few fully failed that I was able to remove. But got it all done in the end.

Schrödinger's bug...

Frankly, that is ridiculous. I guess I am glad they are responsive to fixing the 700 series bugs. But hey Zwave Alliance, slow down a bit and you might actually find and fix these bugs!

People are quick to blame Hubitat for Zwave issues. But Zwave can't even get their part of it right after all this time.

And Hubitat doesn't want to scare off their customers by saying "this new 700 series thingy is buggy, hold tight". So they are stuck with this silly situation.

Please tell me how to manually update the SDK, as well.

Sent to you in PM @dean

@bcopeland Would appreciate the details on how to manually update the SDK as well.