Cannot pair several zigbee devices with new C8

EDIT: I have moved my comment here, as the OP topic is different.

I have brought my four zigbee devices and C8 hub to my home where I have more resources for testing. I have now successfully paired all four zigbee devices to a C5 hub with firmware 2.3.5.117. The devices still will NOT pair to a new C8 hub with latest firmware 2.3.5.123.

And now I have successfully paired one of the ThirdReality moisture sensors to my establish C8 setup with firmware revision 2.3.5.117.

Now I have installed firmware version 2.3.5.123 on my established C8 hub, the one which successfully paired with the Third Reality moisture sensor with firmware 2.3.5.117. It now fails to pair.

It appears that the firmware broke zigbee somewhere between 2.3.5.117 and 2.3.5.123.

Is it possible to load firmware version 2.3.5.117 on my new C8 hub which is presently loaded with 2.3.5.123? If my theory is correct, this would confirm that I am not dealing with a hardware issue.

FWIW, HE staff was able to replicate issues w/Third Reality pairing, and there are some improvements expected in the next hub FW release. Evidently it's a "generic" pairing issue and they hope that the fixes will apply to multiple device brands/types.

2 Likes

Ok, cool. FYI, legacy pairing didn't work either.

Good news!! ... I have now been able to verify that my new C8 hub pairs correctly to zigbee devices when I load older firmware 2.3.4.148. I now feel comfortable that this problem will be resolved once the firmware is fixed.

3 Likes

Try 2.3.5.124, just released with pairing fixes.

1 Like

I have tested 2.3.5.124. It does indeed resolve the pairing issues with the Third Reality motion sensor and the Third Reality moisture sensor. It DOES NOT resolve the pairing issues with the CMARS Mini Smart Socket; Model US-101. Technically the CMARS smart socket is not on the compatibilities list, but I was able to pair this device under firmware 2.3.4.148 and 2.3.5.117.

1 Like

that depends on which devices, there are devices that will not join on the 2.3.4 release

Yes, sorry Mike. I was talking just about my four devices that started this topic.

Correction --- I have now been able to pair a different CMARS US-101 smart socket. Sorry for the previous post.

2 Likes

I have now fully solved my problem with the CMARS US-101. I got a zigbee log message that a device no longer exists and that I should rebuild my network. I did so, and now all of my CMARS US-101 devices pair without problem.

Thanks all for your help!

1 Like

@mike.maxwell - Curious, is this new messaging in .124, or has this been there from the start on the C8?

2 Likes

Its new, just can't remember how new...

3 Likes

I have the same issue with my kids...

"Hey, you, how old are you again?"

:wink::rofl:

3 Likes

The CMARS smartplug is based on eWeLink technology. It is a standard Zigbee 3.0 device. It should work with Hubitat. The eWeLink SA-003 plug is on the compatability list. I have several that I migrated from my C7 hub to C8 using the generic Zigbee outlet driver.

eWeLink 10A Outlet SA-003-Zigbee Outlet / Plug Zigbee Generic Zigbee Outlet

1 Like

While the CMARS smartplug works, it fails to select the proper driver. I have to do that manually, It's always been that way for me, so I don't see it as a problem, only an irritant.

1 Like

+1 Having Zigbee issues with stability of radio and pairing of new devices.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.