Canceling PIN on a Mode Tile

Once I set a PIN number requirement on a dashboard app I am unable to cancel it or change it later. the only way I can see to accomplish this is via recreating the entire dashboard. Is there a trick to accomplishing this?

Silence from the Community and from Hubitat Support. Frustrating. Hard to imagine that I am the only one for whom this is an issue.

Tagging @bobbyD from Hubitat Support. Not sure if you sent a PM to @support_team or not regarding this specific question... But tagging Bobby here in the Community definitely helps to draw his attention to your support questions.

I do not use PIN protected Dashboards, so I cannot offer any suggestions unfortunately.

2 Likes

Connect to hub then go to Apps and open your Dashboard. Under Advanced, remove the pin, then click done. The next time you open the Dashboard it will not ask for pin. Is this not your experience?

2 Likes

Thanks Bobby. Your are correct, PIN still required. When I first reported this problem I received and email, from you I think, that the bug had been verified and would be corrected in a future update. There have been two or three of those since then and I still can't cancel or change a PIN.

Thanks for responding. Had previous contact with Bobby and again this morning.

Here is the response I received from you Bobby, Nov 19, 2021

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We were able to replicate the problem and the issue you reported has been referred to our engineering team. You can expect a fix to be released in the next update. Unfortunately, the only work around at the moment is completely removing the Dashboard and recreating it.

Regards,

Bobby

2 Likes

Ah, but this is not the Dasboard pin, your ticket was for the pin set on the Mode Tile, and that's different.

Will try to recreate the pin for the Mode tile and if I can still replicate the problem, will escalate again to get it fixed.

1 Like

Changed the title to better reflect the issue.

OK Thanks Bobby. I guess I see how you see these as three different PINs. It is true the only one I use is for changing Mode. Never tried a PIN for opening the dashboard itself.

Bobby: This morning I was testing the Mode Pin change issue and discovered that I can now CHANGE the PIN number. It has been some time since I tested changing the PIN as opposed to deleting it but I am almost certain that I was previously unable to change it either. I was even able to make is just a simple single digit. I still can not cancel it completely but being able to change it is helpful.

1 Like

I'm resurrecting this thread as it is a problem for me too. I'd prefer not to have to delete and recreate my dashboard every time I need to make a change like this. Is there a fix to this bug scheduled?

I am having this issue. Despite erasing the PIN and hitting Done I am always asked for a PIN when I want to change modes.

Any idea how to remove a PIN?

I wonder if you have the most current version of the software installed? I started this thread and it did get fixed and I no longer have the issue. All I can think of is that perhaps you need to upgrade to a more current version?

Thanks for the reply. Hub is on the most recent software, I've rebooted a few times, but alas despite the PIN field being blank I'm still asked for it.

I'll submit a support ticket I guess and see what comes of it.

1 Like

Having same issue, latest software, cannot get rid of PIN for Mode tile - despite not being set. Be good to have a fix.

In November 2021 I communicated with bobby@hubitat.com on this issue and he was able to duplicate it there so it was addressed in the next update. Susiquently I was able to delete and change PIN numbers so it appeared fixed to me. Have not tried to change anything lately and based on the currently postings I think I will leave well enough alone. Suggest you contact bobby as he should be familiar with this issue. Perhaps the fix got left off later updates. Good Luck

I was able to confirm here that I now longer can change or delete PIN numbers so that seems to confirm that the fix applied in late 2021 no longer works. I contacted support with copes of my previous correspondence on this subject and will report back here if I get a response.

What update are you on, are you up to date? This issue was recently reported in another thread, and support pushed an update within about a day. I have tested this, it was broken, and it now works. Edit: here relevant thread where this was recently discussed. Unable to remove PIN requirement for mode change

See the release notes here:

Thanks. I was on 2.3.5.123 and see current is now .125 so updating right now.