Can anyone please recommend a zigbee smart plug (UK based)

Hi All,

I've been using TC smart plugs for sometime and recently the new ones have new firmware which won't allow exploit to run.
I've tried teckin, aoycocr, and avatar smart plugs....
looks like I'm now gotta go with zigbee smart plugs...

I've got a few of IKEA ones but they do not have the physical on off button which is a slight inconvenient .

just wondering if anyone can please recommend a cheap and cheerful zigbee smart plugs?

cheers

I use Sylvania zigbee smart plugs and they work well. These are made by Ledvance, which I believe I read that they are available in the UK. I hope this helps.

1 Like

I'm using Salus SP600 zigbee outlets.
On/off button and power reporting.
Working well for me with either the HE inbuilt driver or a custom one that I tend to use.

1 Like

I use Innr Zigbee Smart Plug. No issues and pair immediately. Also have a little button on the top.

2 Likes

Mine are mostly Samsung smartthings and some Ikea ones.

1 Like

so just to confirm that the smartthings one can be discovered by HE and completely controlled using HE?

Yes, using HE's Generic Zigbee Outlet driver which has energy monitoring too

1 Like

I have a Smartthings plug on the washing machine which lets me know when it is finished :+1:

Samsung ST devices are getting scarce as I think Aeotec have taken over but I like them. The door and leak work really well in HE. Best price I could find.

2 Likes
1 Like

Thanks @djashones!
they are a lot more expensive than their wifi cousins aren't they?
also the IKEA is 1/3 of the price...

wonder why it is much more exp.

I managed to get a load when amazon was doing 5 for £100. Ikea does not have energy monitoring and the 2.4Ghz WiFi module is cheap as chips compared to zigbee. Average price for a zigbee plug with energy monitoring is about £30-£50.

I'm not keen on having wifi IOT devices on my network so, 99% of mine is either z-wave (really expensive but I'm a big fan) & zigbee. Oh the Zigbee!!!! :rofl:

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like

Oh no, not Mr Hibbert again! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Slags off zigbee for being too expensive but recommends a bluetooth button that costs £30, go figure!!!! :roll_eyes:

I like sp600 as well, but need some recently I couldn't find any so bought these, no power reporting but joined easily

Join as ewink

1 Like

Someone posted a link to a Lidl smart plug the other day. They are ZigBee 3.0 and were cheap as chips.

Edit link

Thanks @mark.cockcroft, which driver do you use for them?

I ordered a couple of these to try out before I saw Lidl items.
I've had not problems with these ones paired almost instantly and appears to do everything I expected but still only had a few days.

I'm still going to pick up some Lidl stuff on Sunday.

Hmm. These look interesting, and cheap too.
RGB light strip also looks good.
I'll be interested to see how you get on with these.

1 Like