Cameras

That's what I use too.

As a Wyze owner and intrigued by this topic, the first thing I thought of is “VLC can probably do this” and some light searching turned this up

Old thread but probably still valid as it has some discussion from last year in there

1 Like

My IP cameras around my home are all Dauha camera with Hikvision doorbell camera. So far nothing can beat them at night time and smart motion detect are awesome on those camera.

If you have Alexa, you might want to check this app out ... it to integrate the ip camera into it. I have not use it but maybe it something that could be bridge to HE?

2 Likes

I have HK IP cameras and use ShinobiCE on my debian office box and use the url it generates for a image feed in HE.

@anon62731458 where did you see this HD sale? Is it just local for you?

With these WYZE cams? can THEY be used as a motion sensor to trigger other events?

The wyze cams can talk to IFTTT so they can be used for motion sensors. I would not use one to be the only motion sensor in a zone.

1 Like

All home depots in the US. Not sure if they are no longer going to be carrying them at all or if they are clearing inventory for a newer model. But i went 2 weeks ago and wiped out my local HD, got the last 8 of em they had.

I downloaded the latest list of supported devices and found that there are no cameras in the list. Though I would really like the video, I would settle for motion detection. Battery level would be a plus, and video would be awesome.

I have Eufy and Foscam cameras, and would prefer not to replace them, but I will if the functionality is worth it.

1 Like

It's not the feeds I'd be interested in if I asked for something compatible with a smart home system I'd be wanting it to receive their motion notifications etc as a means to triggering something - maybe lights or sirens. The feed isn't the issue since it's usually quicker to get the feed opening the camera's native app or come to that, your NVR cos if you get your lights and sirens responding right there is probably nothing happening by the time you wake up :slight_smile:

Out of the box, working IFTTT is the best you can hope for to get motion events. I consider that too slow, imo. There is no business case for Camera builders to do the integration with Hubitat and I wouldn't expect Hubitat to do the work for every camera brand and model out in the wild. It's a little better if you have a popular NVR system/software that has API. Some of those have integrations.

Very effective motion and object tracking via tinyCam for HE. tinyCam also enables live video feeds to HE dashboards via the built-in webserver.

I don't understand why someone doesn't make a camera that sends its events via z-wave. Stream accessible by other means, obviously.

Samsung tried that. Over wifi not zwave . Streamed continually so they could get footage before motion. Tied up a 2.4 ghz wifi network if you had 5+ cameras running. Not a good idea.

Well that's why I said events, not stream. You know - if it sees movement that sort of thing. "motion detected" that's all. It's annoying I have to buy separate motion sensors when I have cameras with PIR detection

got ya.. thanks. there are cameras that you can get the motion activation to hubitat through node red or other means.. don't remember all of them.

Yep, this can be done. I’m doing this through Blue Iris.

2 Likes

I've just found this: [homekit version] aqara g2h zigbee 3.0 gateway + smart ip camera 140° 1080p app remote control two-way audio home security monitor Sale - Banggood.com|Shopping UK

Not sure it would work with hubitat tho, and doesn't look suitable for outdoors.

Hi
do you have news about this camera?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.