Camera for hubitat

I got it folks, thank you all for the help! thank you my friend!!

@mark.cockcroft In the hubitat application I do not get the camera, from the browser yes, how can I see it from the application? since I am interested in seeing him away from home, not being at home, is there any way?

No, because your external ip my change.
What I do is have tinycam on my phone as well and have it set to look at the Web server version I have running ( like you now have set)

there is no way to see the camera outside the home through hubitat?

Hello??

You can setup a VPN server back to you home network.

Could you explain a little how to do it?

It's probably easier to use your tp-link camera app instead of the HE dashboard.

1 Like

You won’t be able to use a Hubitat cloud dashboard to see your local IP camera’s feed, only the local dashboard URL will work for that.

As @Navat604 mentioned, you would need a VPN server running at home, which you can then connect to while away, and then you could open your local dashboard link while VPNed into your home network.

There’s a ton of info and how-to guides to setup OpenVPN available online, so that may be a good option you should read up on. The thread @Navat604 linked to mentions one such guide that covers setting up OpenVPN on a raspberry pi (aka PiVPN).

I'm going to keep an eye on it, to see if I can do it, now I have another problem, tinycam, after the rsto I deactivate the web server and I have to enter and activate again, do you know any solution?

Any integration with the ubiqiti cameras? I use ubiqiti networking all over and i'm considering adding the cameras next. I use the Ubiqiti UDM-Pro as my core routing/camera platform.

the networking is absolutely awesome, far superior to the consumer grade stuff i used to use.

You can turn on jpeg snapshot in your Unifi camera.
This is done in your camera setting and not the Unifi protect.
http://your.camera.ip.address/snap.jpeg

1 Like

Hello friends, I'm coming back again because I don't remember how I placed my camera on my board, here I leave you the sample to see if it was like that. http://192.168.31.185:8083/axiscgi/mjpg/video.cgiuser=&psw=&camera=1&resolution=640x450

I have 4 Arlo cameras, 3 outside and 1 inside. The inside camera I turn off during the day and turn it on only at night. This is done via a SmartThings rule. Anyone how to duplicate this in Hubitat?

Never could get a direct HE - Arlo integration working. Best option I ended up with was a HE - Node Red - ST - Arlo combined with HE - Alexa - Arlo. The Node Red gave me the option of individually controlling the cameras but motion detection was delayed; with the Alexa option motion detection was better, but control was at the base station level. So I used the Node Red for the control, Alexa for the motion.

Hello,
I had been looking for a "local" integration of hubitat with Arlo cameras..
Since i had moved over from ST.. and Arlo had integration with ST and ST with hubitat using hubconnect... I was doing it that way..
And also since i didn't want to keep paying subscription to Arlo..
I recently found "camect".. it is really great ..in that it not just give active/inactive, but has AI for various object detection etc.. like person's, Amazon truck/USPS truck , squirrels, racoons etc etc !

Which helps immensely with reducing false detections and unnecessary app activations.

You can get more info at camect.com
Camect works with some cloud cameras and almost all IP cameras. - camect
And
Camect - #30 by DBSKY

@innocent1 is one of the founders of camect.. he would be more than happy to sell you one :smile:

You can get near instant motion detection with Arlo as long as you setup the Smartthings to Node-Red integration with a endpoint instead of polling. It is extra work and requires you to enable your local Node red server to be on the internet with valid SSL cert for the Smartthings cloud to communicate with.

I also say nearly instant because the motion still has to go from the camera to arlo back to Smartthings and then back to your house. Arlo isn't the fastest at times with nothing else involved at all. Id there are any blurps betwee. The cloud components then it could be a few seconds off.

I have this setup for a few battery power and mains connected cameras and a arlo doorbell. I also have the arlo cameras siren function integrated with HSM. The video doorbell is also integrated as a button.

I only recently found out about this product (I currently use xeoma for my DVR) Is there a hubitat integration for it? (I use all foscam cameras)

yes camect has integration with hubutat created ... here

Something that was not made clear to me was what is used for storage with that device and how many cameras it supports. I also dont see clarity about what speed/resolution/fps does it provide. I have a server with motioneye running as a container. It is backed by about 10TB of storage. I use the tiny cam hubitat app with motioneye calling it's endpoint to get motion information in hubitat.

I dont use AI, but i know it is possible to integrate a AI engine in Motion to do AI detection.