C8 Zigbee Radio Turning Off/On Multiple Times a Day

Interesting - had no idea that existed, thanks for pointing it out.

Does it show up in http://put.Hub.IP.Here/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

If it's doing a fair amount of repeating for you it should be present...

It does indeed - that's how I'm confirming it works overall. I just mean I can't compare detailed performance via XBEE etc.

1 Like

Yup...I've got an Xbee USB stick coming from ebay in a week or so, so I can get a better idea of what's going on w/my Zigbee network.

Oh, and if anyone is interested, I offered him a few bucks (not sure how much, it was in pounds) less than his posted price and he accepted it quickly, so he is negotiable.

2 Likes

I'm sure you will, but definitely post about it once you get it, and what all steps you took to get it going. I've been curious about these for awhile, but most threads seem to make them sound more complicated than I care to play with.

3 Likes

I actually have one of these boys that I got with some spare Zigbee stuff off a mate. (Thrown in the box)
What tools will you be using with it? If you don’t mind me asking.

I sort of only vaguely know at this point. :slight_smile: I'll be starting here when it arrives:

And @Tony shared below info with me:

The software part is free. You get it from Digi, the place to start is here (the link works, for some reason the preview doesn't):

XCTU User Guide

3 Likes

Legend :pray:

1 Like

This is good, :slight_smile:

Now I can be your Xbee padawan when mine arrives. Get to work, dude, and go through all the pain so I can cruise through it w/your sage advice. :wink:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

I think you may has perceived the ripples in the force incorrectly oh Jedi Master.

It is I that come seeking enlightenment in the ways of the Xbee and it’s mysterious Midi-chlorians.

1 Like

I just went through the exercise of setting up XCTU and my Xstick on another Windows machine since I haven't done it in years.. I got it working and made some notes I can share (probably best done on another thread).

Since it had already been set up once before (and likely some of the internal configuration of the stick was not repeated in this latest exercise) it may not be a 100% complete set up guide, but it might help, since the XCTU interface is a tad eccentric.

4 Likes

You're the best, thanks, Tony!! Since my stick isn't supposed to arrive until around May 5th, I'm still in holding pattern. @Mayhem does have his, so up to you guys if you want to take a shot at it w/his stick and see if anything explodes. :wink: :smiley:

2 Likes

Found an existing thread and added my notes to it: Help Adding Xstick2 ZB

1 Like

Ok Gents. I’ll set me self up for a busy bank holiday Monday of tweaking and twiddling. :+1:

1 Like

Not fun.

They are working hard on it, been slipping out beta releases over the weekend working on addressing it.

Wish I could say "Twins" but mine won't be here until late this week, if things go well.

It is coming via the Royal Mail, so at least I'll finally get to meet a knight in shining armor. :smiley:

Her Majesties Royal Mail or Rather HIs Majesty as of next weekend. Yep another day off :slight_smile: used to be the gold standard of mail delivery but like so many other businesses they now hide a crap service behind the aftermath of Covid.
Hope it makes it.... If not let me know I'll UPS mine over as I expect you will make more use of it than me :wink:

1 Like

I agree. I’m trouble shooting a neighbors setup which is have a multitude of issues and I think it corresponds go this. I’m going to check. I have a similar house and set up and am not having these issues. Poor guy, I talked him into this platform and now he probably lost trust in me. .

And the saga continues...

At what point do we call this a failed product rollout? I've been very loyal to this platform since the C5 was released, but this ■■■■ is working on my last nerve. Home automation should not require me to keep daily tabs on its operation. I might as well replace all of this with X10 and analog motion-sensing lights at this point. It would be more reliable.

3 Likes